Posted positions may close at any time. Please apply today if you are interested in this position. Once this posting is closed applications will no longer be accepted.
Maintains and replenishes stock in a safe and efficient manner to meet customer purchasing needs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains the quality condition of all products; stocks, rotates, and faces product; discards outdated and spoiled products and maintains stockroom.
· Orders products, cuts cases, stacks, prices and marks merchandise.
· Builds product displays and operates related equipment such as handtrucks and pallet jacks.
· Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary work environment.
· Assists customers with questions.
· Performs occasional checking duties with an emphasis on providing friendly, courteous, customer service.
· Cuts boxes in a precise manner and places small containers on shelves.
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to 30 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally, within the range of floor level to overhead.
· Push and pull hand trucks and pallet jacks containing product of substantial weight.
· Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
· Bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently.
· Ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
· Perform repetitious work accurately and with mental alertness.
· Perform basic math (add subtract, multiply and divide).
· Learn and memorize location of products, checkstand and keyboard procedures, company
· policies, PLU codes, inventory control merchandising, and shipping and receiving procedures.
· Exhibit manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination to move freight.
· Exhibit interpersonal skills with oral and written communication skills.
· Work in varying weather conditions for performance of outdoor duties.
· Work with potential hazards with respect to equipment, tools and work aides.
· Work in freezer and cooler.
· Conduct visual inspection of merchandise being placed on shelves.
· Communicate (hearing & speech) to provide customer service.
· Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
· Manual dexterity for placement of small items on hooks, on shelves, etc.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
· Pallet jacks, handtruck, garbage and card board compactor.
· Electronic fork lift as needed.
· Box Knife
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary.
WinCo Foods - 17 months ago
WinCo Foods isn't just big on self-service -- it's giant. Inside the immense stores (average size is 92,000 sq. ft.) of this...