Nominated as a 2011 Top Work Place in the Triad Region
Exceptional People Providing Exceptional Care!
The right people. The right expertise. The right career. You’ll find it with us!
High school diploma or equivalent.
Classroom instruction in medical terminology, disease process, human anatomy and physiology, and ICD-9-CM/CPT-4 coding required.
CPC or CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist) certification required.
Previous vascular coding experience required.
Five years either in auditing or surgery.
External Job Description:
The Vascular Coding Auditor is responsible for coding and abstracting of medical information for billing and statistical purposes. Responsible for assigning ICD 9 CM and CPT 4 diagnosis and procedure codes on a daily basis, including the sequencing of co- morbidities and complications and procedure codes that impact reimbursement. Responsible for developing content and educating physicians on proper documentation required for coding and assignment of specific diagnosis codes. Completes audits on physician charts.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Accurately and efficiently assign ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 codes, utilizing coding materials, to code inpatient and outpatient records per established departmental standards by assigning appropriate codes for services rendered.
2. Coding to include all procedures and visits performed.
3. Accurately abstract all necessary information needed to accurately code charges.
4. Researching and resolving any ineligible charges for missing and/or incomplete data (i.e. diagnosis, DOS, place of service, physician, referring physician, charge, demographics)
5. Communicating with physicians and/or medical staff on missing charges and inappropriate coding.
6. Accurately code established standard number of records.
7. Interact with medical staff, billing staff and coder/training coordinator on daily basis concerning documentation issues to ensure proper documentation is received for coding.
8. Assist in ensuring all medical records are located for coding/abstracting on a daily basis by monitoring daily discharge and encounter form report.
9. Complete daily and weekly productivity sheet and submit to director.
10. Completes audits on physician charts and meets with physicians to review for improvement. Supplies reference materials to physicians when needed. Provides education to physicians regarding appropriate documentation guidelines.
11. Attend mandatory in-service education programs and participate in appropriate staff development programs.
12. Employee will be held accountable for:
a. Performing job in cost-effective manner;
b. Maintaining work and work area in a neat and orderly manner; and
c. Adapting to changes in workload.
13. Demonstrate compliance to the health systems’ cultural behaviors, mission/vision, values, and commitments.
14. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. As employees of Moses Cone Health System, our behaviors must be aligned with our values of Outstanding Services, Caring Spirit, Innovative Climate, Integrity and Financial Viability. Our Standards of Behavior reinforce these corporate values and reflect our commitment to Service Excellence. Our Standards of Behavior are:
A. Maintain a professional appearance.
B. Demonstrate a positive attitude to all customers and fellow employees.
C. Maintain a safe, clean and attractive environment.
D. Communicate with compassion and courtesy.
E. Anticipate customer needs.
F. Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
2. ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding.
3. Required to pass the data entry assessment given by Human Resources.
4. Thorough knowledge of software systems
5. Good decision making skills.
6. Ability to read proficiently at high school level.
7. Ability to read and analyze medical record contents.
8. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
9. Ability to bend and stoop.
10. Ability to lift and file records.
11. Physical job demands may be subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities.
Exceptional People Providing Exceptional Care!
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on.
Extraordinary patient care is about being “high-touch” as well as “high-tech”. Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community!
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation. Additionally, Cone Health invites interested deaf and hard of hearing applicants to use Video Relay Service (VRS).
Cone Health - 13 months ago