The Vascular Technologist must be able to independently perform, all types of noninvasive vascular studies in accordance with accepted standards and protocols, including color duplex Doppler imaging of peripheral arteries, veins, bypass grafts, carotid arteries, abdominal vascular imaging including aortoiliac and renal artery duplex, and physiologic vascular studies including pulse volume recording and segmental pressure measurements. She/he will interact respectfully and compassionately with patients and other hospital personnel to ensure efficient laboratory operation and communication of critical results.
HR Use Only:
- HS diploma required
- Current ARDMS Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) credential required.
- Participates in various Vascular Laboratory clerical and operational tasks.
- Performs vascular studies in other areas of the hospital when clinically necessary including, intensive care units, recovery rooms and operating suites.
- Participates in-hospital wide and departmental Quality Assurance activities.
- Must be able to move ultrasound and other vascular testing equipment.
- Good communication skills are essential.
Richmond University Medical Center - 13 months ago