Current Healthcare Provider CPR Card
Minimum of 1 year of experience
SUMMARY: The vascular technologist performs all required ultrasound and clinical evaluations at a technical level requiring limited supervision. The technologist maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field of vascular disease and new procedures as they evolve. Work requires occasional communication outside of the work group. Communicates with external contacts frequently and is responsible to ensure ongoing service.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Ascension Health Core Values, St. Agnes policies/ procedures and applicable civil laws. Is accountable for efficient use of resources and support of the St. Agnes mission.
Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic vascular lab examinations. Operates complex ultrasound equipment, cameras, recorders and other patient assessment equipment pertinent to department needs. Selects appropriate equipment and transducer frequency/size for proper examination. Recognizes the significance of all structures visualized on the monitor and is able to differentiate normal from abnormal and recognize artifacts. Understands when to seek advice. Follows protocols and is able to deviate from normal techniques when clinically necessary. Reviews pathology, surgical and angiography reports to follow patient’s progress and to provide a means of reviewing the accuracy of the vascular lab examinations.
· Complete all finishing work to include proper film ID, requisitions, patient chart documentation and all forms required for the specific exam. Protect patient’s privacy and modesty by making sure all history obtained is confidential and patient is covered at al times. Demonstrate competency in the use of the Information System.
· Provide protection in accordance with prescribed patient and equipment operator safety standards to include applications of immobilization restraints.
· Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, and any other areas in department.
· Promote cohesiveness in department by maintaining a positive and professional attitude. Assist co-workers when own work is completed. Adapt to schedule changes and work assignments when necessary. Willingly instruct students and new hires regarding technical procedures and unit operations.
· Participates in preparation and presentation of quarterly QA meetings. Contributes to and assists with, the maintenance of teaching files. Assists in the evaluation of new products and equipment for the lab. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
· Assists with the maintenance of the laboratory accreditation via ICAVL and JCAHO.
Consistently and independently follows established safety and infection control procedures. Intervenes in unsafe situations.
Complies with the standards of conduct and Corporate Responsibility Program and seeks guidance when in doubt.
Meets or exceeds expectations of individuals for whom service is provided.
Participates on interdepartmental, hospital and departmental committees as appropriate.
Required Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and completion of formal vascular technology training program.
Preferred Education: N/A
Required Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Eligible for RVT license, Current CPR card
Preferred Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Current RVT
Required Experience: One year as a vascular technologist in healthcare setting
Preferred Experience: One year in healthcare setting
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received from: Medical Director and Director of Imaging
Saint Agnes Hospital - 21 months ago