Role and Responsibilities
The Vascular Technical is responsible for following all company polices procedures. Duties herein include but are not limited to:
Performs same day and emergent add-ons as required including:
· Compares evaluation to previous evaluations as necessary.
· Interprets the findings of each exam and is able to accurately report the findings in a preliminary report format in a timely manner upon completion of the study.
· Ensures that all referring providers are notified with findings for all same day emergent add-ons; notifies the referring provider with all emergent findings on all in and out patients.
· Uses patient identifiers appropriately to identify patients.
· Enters patient information accurately into the demographic screen on each ultrasound machine and in to the reporting software.
· Accurately bills exams and completes charge sheets appropriately.
· Performs incidental office duties as necessary to maintain the completeness of the patient record.
· Remains up to date with the most current Medicare billing guidelines.
· Documents all necessary interactions with referring providers in the patient's permanent medical record.
· Serves as a liaison between patients, interpreting physicians and referring providers; explains testing procedures to patient.
· Utilizes appropriate educational resources to maintain currency in vascular ultrasound, attends local and national professional conferences to stay abreast of new procedures, equipment or information.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
a. Ability: Must possess the knowledge, skill, physical ability and mental capacity to perform the typical duties and responsibilities enumerated or implicit therein. Performs all examinations in accordance with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS),
b. Education: Minimum completion of a High School Diploma. Associates Degree and RVT Certification preferred.
c. Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience as a Vascular Technician or recent graduate of RVT program + internship experience.
d. Prior experience with Venous Insufficiency testing a plus.
within one year of employment
- Other: 1. Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) Certification or obtain RVT
2. CPR & AED certification
3 Willing to work at inpatient and outpatient settings and at all lab
locations as scheduled.