Under general direction, performs a full range of vascular testing procedures and assists in general operations of the Non-Invasive Diagnostic Vascular Testing Laboratory. Provides physicians with a preliminary interpretation of test results. Provides educational resources to medical staff, patients and visitors; and guidance to non-registered technologists.
• Assumes responsibility of the lab operation in the absence of the Senior Vascular Technician: Oversees performance of the temporary employee, finalize lab reports for accuracy before billing, facilitate schedule for both the in-patient and out-patient lab, communicates with Medical Director or Surgical office manager on key decisions affecting the lab.
• Attends seminars and educational workshops to keep abreast of new and/or improved techniques, procedures and equipment in the Lab.
• Advises supervisor of personnel, organizational and logistical policies and problems.
• Provides educational resource to physicians, house staff, medical students, patients and visitors regarding nature of and applications for non-invasive diagnostic testing.
• Assists in the application process for formal accreditation certification for the Diagnostic Vascular Testing Laboratory by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories; prepare required case studies, collects correlation data and maintains records; assists in preparation of paperwork and documentation.
• Performs billing activities for the laboratory: completes super bill indicating procedure code; directs medical secretary in acceptance of insurance assignment.
• Performs selected non-invasive testing procedures to evaluate arterial and venous circulation using a hand held Doppler, pulse volume recorder, photoplethys-mography and duplex ultrasound imaging techniques. Also performs the more complex studies such as post-op graft evaluation, renal artery Duplex study, AVF/AVG evaluation, Endovascular Duplex study. Compiles test results for interpretation by physician; also may provide preliminary interpretation of test results; notifies consulting physician immediately if any unusual or abnormal reports are recorded. Checks the results of tests performed by non-registered technicians on staff to assure accuracy of their studies.
• Assists in coordination of the daily operation of the NON-Invasive Vascular Diagnostic Testing Laboratory: coordinates patient flow; schedules patient testing; contacts NYH personnel, nurses, and physicians to resolve problem.
• High School diploma required.
• Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) certification required.
• Graduation from an accredited diagnostic ultrasound vascular program required.
• Approximately 3 years' previous experience as Vascular Technologist or Technician required.
Skill and Abilities
• Excellent organizational, communication skills required.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell's triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
Weill Cornell Medical College - 2 years ago