The Vehicle Analysis Technician position is at the Pilot Hall Electric / Electronics at a major automotive manufacturer in Chattanooga.
The primary focus area will be failure diagnosis and resolution for vehicle electronics systems.
PREPARTION OF PRE-SERIES VEHICLES OR PROTOTYPE VEHICLES:
- The application of electronics knowledge through the use of vehicle analysis techniques and equipment, specifically in electrical systems and electronics for pre-series and series builds.
- Initiation and support of root cause analysis in failures of the entire electronic network in the vehicle.
- Analysis of test failures with respect to vehicle electrical systems, electronics, and vehicle data
- Recognition and application of effective solutions for the technical and functional improvement of the vehicle components.
- Tracking of operational measures for the improvement of manufacturing quality and cost minimization.
- Development of proposals for the optimization of series production.
- Documentation of the error tracking process.
- Planning and participation in ad hoc task groups with specialized electrical expertise.
- Planning, participation, and support in workshops to address specialized problems with state-of-the-art solutions
- Support and application of IT systems (Internet, system, and networks) necessary to the assembly and test process through consultation and actual installation.
- Setup and Perform the Initialization, Flashing, and/or Software Coding of various Control Units with a vehicle
- Verification of vehicle functions in the pre-series builds by means of automated testing and the early commissioning of vehicles prior to the regularly scheduled series builds
- Investigation and fine-tuning of solution proposals for issues occurring in the prototype vehicles. Pursuit of agreed-upon solutions in other departments, including planning, quality assurance, and research and development.
- Development of creative solutions to typical problems of prototypes for use in the assembly process, and the conversion of these solutions to standardized methods
- Introduction and pursuit of the effective measures to address problem sheets, deviations, or product changes
- Cooperation in the technical and functional improvement of the vehicle components and active participation in the development of future products (Frontloading).
High capability to solve technical related problems:
- Ability to read/understand technical drawings and requirements
- Ability to use test equipment – for calibration, flashing, coding, etc
- Previous automobile assembly knowledge
- Ability to use Internal software systems to register, track, close, and follow up technical issues
- Capability to establish technical summary reports from miscellaneous data
- Establish a clear direction and lead countermeasures with management and other departments, other engineering teams etc.
- Ability to use CAD/CAM/Catia/Pro Engineer data is a plus
Optimization of processes to assure proper assembly can be achieved by the production team members
- Process flow, efficiency, ergonomics
- Capability to design, develop, and improve upon processes to assure process efficiency/output
B.S. in Electrical or Software Engineering
Or Equivalent Experience and Vocational Training Certificates (approx. 3 to 5 years in vehicle electronics analysis)
Advanced degree in Electronics preferred
- Knowledge of Automotive Systems / Construction
- Experience with vehicle electronic networks/systems (i.e. CAN, LIN)
- Experience with vehicle flash and diagnostics tools/protocol (i.e. CAN-OE, DiagRA, OBD II standards)
- Wire harness manufacturing knowledge
- Proficient with IT-Systems, Office package
- Ability to adapt to company-specific software systems
- Ability to read/understand technical drawings/specifications
- Ability to prepare technical summary reports
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge in German or Spanish
Bertrandt - your trustful engineering partner
- Experience with German vehicle-specific diagnostic tools
- Conversational skills in German, especially in automotive technical vocabulary
- C# or similar object-oriented language
- Experience with Siemens SIDIS PRO
- Knowledge of Logistics Systems/Processes
The Bertrandt Group has been providing development solutions for the international automotive and aviation industries in Europe, China and the USA for 40 years. A total of round 11,000 employees at 44 locations guarantee extensive know-how, sustainable project solutions and a high level of customer orientation. Its main customers include the major manufacturers and numerous system suppliers.
Bertrandt US - 4 months ago