At Arup, our innovative spirit and determination enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport, vehicle and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 10,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are seeking a Mechanical / Structural / FEA Engineer to support the growth of San Francisco’s Advanced Technology and Research Group, primarily in vehicle performance analysis.
- Perform (and report) linear and non-linear, static and dynamic structural finite element analysis, principally for vehicles
- Similar analysis for other structural, seismic and geotechnical applications
The candidate must also demonstrate:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a related field
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Interest and preferably experience in finite element analysis of vehicles for various conditions (impact, blast, vibration etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of structural mechanics
- Experience with LS-DYNA, Hypermesh, and other FEA tools is preferred
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...