This position assures accurate documentation of the overall customer vehicle condition by inspecting vehicles for damage, missing parts and mechanical problems.
- Identify damage, missing parts and mechanical problems by inspecting all customer vehicles at time of receipt (i.e. interior, exterior, odometer reading, trunk area, engine compartment, noting any damage or repair to frame, paint or other engine noise, AC/heater operation, radio, navigation system, tire condition, etc.).
- Write electronic condition reports (ECR).
- Provides accurate and complete documentation of overall vehicle condition to support the processing and sale of client / customer consigned vehicles in lane and on line including but not limited to:
- VIN recognition
- Proper notation of all options and equipment
- Proper odometer reading and operable function
- Parts pricing using Mitchell Collision Estimate Guides
- Recommended labor actions / severity / pricing
- Identification of value added options
- Identification of basic mechanical conditions
- Identification of common wear and tear
- Fluid level checks / evaluation
- Completing inspection process and data entry in appropriate time frames
- Digital photo collection to specific criteria guidelines
- Test drives when applicable
- Determine grade using Manheim Grade Scale when applicable
- Estimate repair costs according to appropriate guidelines.
- Prepare selected vehicles for Internet viewing by taking digital pictures during the inspection process and writing Internet Condition Reports.
- Ensure repair orders are completed correctly by maintaining knowledge of current rates, labor and parts charges, and manufacturer updates and changes concerning vehicle requirements.
- Follows the work instructions provided by client and/or Manheim Inspections using the Manheim Electronic Condition Report Program, Inspection Solution T1 and Mirage Program, or client-instructed paper Condition Reports.
- Conduct OVE courtesy walk around inspections.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management, including but not limited to locating and moving vehicles, starting and/or jumping vehicles.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous body shop experience, mechanical experience, estimating experience a plus, but not required.
- ASE certification or background in automotive repair cost estimating preferred; ICAR Certifications a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required.
- Basic computer software skills required.
- Ability to multitask required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- General knowledge of body and mechanical work preferred.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch and climb.
- Medium strength.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
For career opportunities, please visit www.manheim.jobs .
Manheim, INC. - 6 months ago
Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's...