For the up and coming sales professional, self-stater and over achiever, this is the environment for you. Come join the market leader in the B2B events market. We offer an extensive online library of on-the-job training and employee development programs.
ICMI, the International Customer Management Institute (icmi.com), is searching for a dynamic, aggressive, and goal driven Account Executive who will be responsible for selling sponsorships and exhibit space for ICMI Events and advertising and content sponsorships for ICMI Online (includes research, webinars, and white papers).
This position will be responsible for prospecting, closing, managing, and up selling named accounts and new business – consisting of small to mid-size and select large accounts. The focus is to grow business while maintaining excellent customer care to a pre-determined list of accounts. Interested candidates must be ready to hit the ground running and have proven experience with
ICMI is part of UBM, a global information and events company.
The International Customer Management Institute (ICMI), a division of UBM Live, is the leading global provider of comprehensive resources for customer management professionals – from frontline agents to executives – who wish to improve customer experiences and increase efficiencies at every level of the contact center. Since 1985, ICMI has helped more than 50,000 organizations in 167 countries through training, events, certification, consulting, and informational resources. ICMI’s experienced and dedicated team of industry insiders, trainers, and consultants are committed to helping you raise the strategic value of your contact center, optimize your operations and improve your customer service.
At UBM plc, we invite you to be part of an organization that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and to being a responsible, sustainable business. UBM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Based out of your home office, or our NYC / NJ office, your mission as our B2B advertising sales, and online / events sales proffessional will be to prospect, cold call, cross sell, up sell, and of course, close deals within a 30 to 60 day sales cycle.
Qualities that will make you stand out from the rest include being: highly self motivated, willing to travel, a collaborative team player, a good listener, resourceful, and most importantly: a people person.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience You Offer ICMI :
- Bachelors degree with 2-4 years professional sales, ideally in B2B advertising, online and/or events
- Poised and professional with excellent relationship-building; written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional and proven ability to identify key sales opportunities and close business
- Strong ability to multi-task in a team-driven, dynamic environment
- Solid understanding of business concepts and ability to quickly and effectively learn industry-specific terminology and ICMI-specific solutions
Apply today if you are up for this challenge!
- Proactively position the value of events, online and related opportunities to clients and prospects – selling over the phone and via email; closing new business and upgrading existing clients
- Respond to client inquiries – non-sales but essential activities
- Manage lead generation and prospecting to be done independently of the manager
- Manage proposal, statement of work, and contract process
- Keep abreast of market trends and news and client-related information, internal and external sales training
- Maintain Salesforce database for own opportunities
- Respond to internal queries and reports and collaborate with team
- Execute on miscellaneous Admin duties for own accounts
- Collaborate with events team, marketers and sales director to pre-qualify and prioritize clients prior to industry events in order expedite the sales process and manage everyone’s time efficiently
- Manage post-event communications, including scheduling follow-up appointments as appropriate, and report on progress with event prospects on a regular basis (ie: up to 6 months after the event)
Accolo - 10 months ago