Recruit, process, and hire necessary personnel for Vessel Operations, KLM,
and Facility Ops
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Input, review, and decline applications in Resource Hire data base
• Ensure Ceridian info is entered timely
• Set up and conduct interviews with applicants.
• Conduct new hire orientation with Vessel, KLM, and Make Ready new hires.
• Create and approve purchase orders for physicals and travel.
• Communicate with Kirby Medical Records Administrator and potential new hires for physical results.
• Properly screen and process applicants (background checks, employment verification, etc.)
• Input all applications and new hires in appropriate systems.
• Schedule new hires for Basic Deckhand Class.
• Ensure new hires are aware and understand our benefits.
• Ensure all new hire personnel files are complete and filed.
• Assist Crew Dispatch in assigning new hires to a vessel.
• Enter PO’s and understand coding
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent telephone etiquette and manner.
• Organized, detail-oriented and accurate.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, personal computer, scanner and laminator.
• Knowledge and use of computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Ceridian, Resource Hire, CMS, and Novel E-Mail.
Office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Must be able to handle continuous telephone contact with applicants, potential new hires, and constant phone calls throughout the day.
Education High school diploma or GED supplemented by computer courses. Additional Human Relations and Employment Law courses could be required.
Experience Minimum 2 -3 years Human Resource experience.
Where Kirby hauls cargo, the only curbs are riverbanks -- the company is the largest inland tank barge operator in the US. Its fleet,...