Provide case consultation with veterinarians and their staff as it relates to Heska products and services. Provide medical services in support of the health care of animals. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position requires a DVM. |
Medical Support: 85% of position responsibility
VDL and Training Support: 10% of position responsibility
- Provide medical consultation to veterinarians and veterinary staff on cases encompassing areas of infectious diseases, atopy/dermatology, internal medicine, and clinical pathology.
- Provide interpretation of diagnostic laboratory results.
- D iscuss with veterinarians and veterinary staff, in the context of individual case management, point of care test protocols, reading results, specificity/sensitivity, accuracy and further work-up.
- Discuss with veterinarians and veterinary staff patient history, testing results and immunotherapy treatment recommendations, based on results.
- Troubleshoot issues and resolve customer complaints with veterinarians and veterinary staff, as related to Heska Products and services.
- M aintain diligent recordkeeping within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database system.
- Promote general health care and disease prevention.
Other duties as assigned: 5% of position responsibility
- Review and approve Heska’s Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory clinical pathology results.
- Provide technical training input and support to Sales and Marketing on products supported by MTC.
Job Requirements :
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Doctorate degree in veterinary medicine, licensed to practice in Colorado required. Minimum 3 years of clinical practice experience required. 3-5 years of industry experience in a similar role is desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high call volume that ranges from providing medical consultations on patient cases and advising on and processing immunotherapy treatment orders to troubleshooting technical use of point-of-care diagnostic tests and managing customer complaints.
- D isplays strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills; especially good listening skills.
- Consistently displays a calm demeanor, empathy and professionalism, while maintaining a strong customer focus.
- Is available to, and works both independently and cooperatively with, team members. Works cohesively and shares in the workload with fellow MTC employees.
- Ability to work in a corporate environment where daily client interaction is over the phone and at the computer.
- Ability and diligent willingness to enter and maintain accurate and thorough records and notes on each customer interaction, including selection of various categorical designations used for post-sale analytical reports and evaluations.
- Intermediate ability with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Software and E-mail required. Familiarity with CRM or similar database software program desired.
- Knowledge of zoonotic diseases and emerging diseases, as well as USDA/FDA regulations.
- Experience and/or special interest in allergy and infectious disease is desirable.
Heska - 17 months ago