Intersections Inc. (NASDAQ: INTX) is seeking a Veterinarian (Internist preferred) to support a highly ambitious, well-funded initiative to revolutionize heath care in animals, specifically pets.
This is not a typical veterinarian role. Instead, it is a strategic, ground-floor role that will be part of defining, launching, and growing a set of extremely promising, unique, and sought-after products and services in the animal health care space – both for veterinarians and consumers. Our rapidly growing team consists of savvy, experienced, and passionate individuals who have a strong entrepreneurial instincts and a proven track record of successful start-up experience.
The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of the Veterinary industry, including how a typical practice operates, its opportunities, and its challenges. This position is also expected to influence the product design, promotion, distribution, and service.
- Provide medical guidance to the marketing and technology teams to enhance product and service components.
- Provide resident expertise on all pet health-related issues related to our products and services.
- Provide guidance and insights into veterinary clinics, e.g. how they operate; what software they use; typical challenges, etc.
- Provide ideas on new products and services that would appeal to the vet industry as well as pharmaceutical and/or insurance companies.
- Positively represent the company in the professional community, the general public, and speaking at conferences.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Commit to active practice one day a week in a clinic of your choosing.
- Fulfill your state’s requirements for annual Continuing Education credit hours to maintain your license.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Manage the design and analysis of clinical trials.
- Ability to manage outsourced clinical trials at Universities and other organizations.
- Respect for and willingness to work with consumers and their pets.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Good working knowledge of social networking and mobile tools.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude is required
Education and Experience
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university. (Internist highly preferred).
- License in good standing to practice in the state of Virginia.
Qualified candidates send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Intersections Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE.M/F/D/V. Visit us at www.intersections.com/aboutus.asp
Intersections Inc - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard