The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Join a dedicated, progressive group of professionals working to provide excellent health care for the Animals, Science, and Environment collection at Walt Disney World.
Disney’s Department of Animal Health oversees the veterinary and nutritional programs at all of the Animals, Science, and Environment facilities, including Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Seas with Nemo and Friends, the Tri-Circle D Ranch, and several other satellite facilities. Emphasis is placed on preventive health, nutrition, pathology, quarantine, and disease surveillance. As a clinical veterinarian, the successful candidate will be responsible for addressing health issues concerning a large collection of animals including birds, mammals, fish, herpetofauna, and invertebrates.
The department maintains a large hospital team of 8 veterinarians and 26 support staff, as well as an Animal Nutrition Center with 2 nutritionists and 22 support staff. The clinical veterinarian will partner with these teams, as well as animal husbandry managers, Water Sciences, and the Education and Science Departments. Opportunities for in-situ conservation work, research, and teaching/training also exist.
Candidates should possess a commitment to excellence and a passion for communicating Walt Disney World’s conservation message to guests and cast. You must be willing to perform appropriate medical procedures in a public viewing environment.
- Five years of zoological medicine experience
- Florida licensure or be qualified to take the Florida State Board examination
- USDA-accreditation in the state of Florida, or eligibility to become USDA-accredited in the state of Florida
- Commitment to excellence and a passion for conservation
- Willingness to perform veterinary procedures in a public viewing environment
- Demonstrated computer skills with mainstream IBM compatible programs
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to participate as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions well and handle detail-oriented information
- Breadth of veterinary experience with different animal taxa
- Experience at an AZA-accredited facility
- ACZM board certification or eligibility
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
Disney - 14 months ago