The kennel assistant is responsible for the cleanliness and comfort of our patients and boarders. The kennel assistants observations regarding the appetite, eliminations, and attitudes of our patients are very important. During busy times, the kennel assistant is expected to assist the receptionists and technicians in whatever tasks are requested. Because our four legged friends do best with regular routines, it is imperative that the kennel attendant be on time to work and attend to his or her duties in a regular, orderly manner. Community members frequently observe kennel attendants when they are outside walking patients so it is important that kennel attendants have a neat, professional appearance. The kennel staff is responsible for much of the overall cleanliness of the hospital. Having a clean hospital is not only important because it provides a pleasant atmosphere for our employees and staff but also because it is essential to the health and welfare of our patients. This position requires self-motivation, neatness, and an eye for detail and cleanliness. Kennel assistants need to be able to lift up to 50# unaided and be able to stand for most of the day.
Part-time Kennel Assistant/Animal caretaker with prior experience working in a veterinary clinic.
- Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent (current high school students will also be considered with proper school/parent authorization).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- This position requires long periods of standing or walking throughout the day.
- Basic Math Skills
- Possesses self-motivation, neatness, and an eye for detail and cleanliness.
- Must be able to work weekends and evening hours.
- Experience with feeding, cleaning, and caring for animals preferred.
- Shifts are typically 6am 9am and 5pm 9pm.
Our Full-time Employees may qualify for:
- Continuing Education allowance
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Simple retirement plan
- Discounted veterinary services
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Personal Time
- Pay range: $8-$10/hr DOE
Email us your resume, application and cover letter to: email@example.com
You may apply in person. No phone calls please.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Lien Animal Clinic - 22 months ago