The Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs shall have direct reporting responsibility for all school deans and online personnel in matters pertaining to academic affairs. Through the offices of Higher Education Services, the vice president will directly report to the Chancellor and will provide guidance to the presidents and academic deans. The Vice Chancellor for academic affairs has responsibility for the entire system of South University for the development and implementation of the strategic operating plan, academic policy, regional and programmatic accreditation, and curriculum. In that capacity the Vice Chancellor will chair the strategic planning committee, serve on the Council of Presidents, call Executive Committee Meetings, serve on the Admissions Committee and supervise curriculum development. The Vice Chancellor will also keep the Chancellor and the South University Board of Trustees informed on academic matters. The Vice Chancellor shall have final approval on the hiring of all faculty at all South University campuses, including online.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
1. Implementing faculty employment criteria, faculty ranking and compensation plan.
2. Approving/monitoring academic schools’ budgets and operations.
3. Planning/implementing faculty meetings, orientations and in-service training.
4. Planning/implementing faculty performance review process.
5. Compiling/distributing faculty/course evaluations.
6. Planning/implementing faculty professional development and faculty recognition opportunities.
7. Ensuring implementation of all academic policies as stated in the university catalog.
8. Ensuring implementation of approved curricula.
9. Creating and seeking approval for new academic policies.
10. Supervising/evaluating the Director of University Libraries.
11. Supervising the Online Academic Director.
12. Establishing an Office of Institutional Research to serve all campuses and supervising the Director of Institutional Research.
13. Coordinating, editing and if necessary, writing all academic publications, including the university catalog, faculty handbook and academic job descriptions.
14. Supervising/coordinating overall academic operations of all campuses, including online.
15. Working closely with the chancellor in the formulation and implementation of the institutional effectiveness plan.
16. Performing additional responsibilities as assigned by the chancellor.
• Earned Doctorate
• Prior academic/administrative experience, preferably in a small, private college or university
• Experience with computerized administrative systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accreditation criteria, state agency regulations, and academic journals. Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, students, regulatory agencies, or members of the academic or business community. Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, corporate leaders, and public groups.
Reports to: University Chancellor
Supervises: Departmental staff, College Deans, Campus Deans of Academic Affairs & Operations
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation
- 14 months ago - save job
South University is a private academic institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities for the intellectual, social, and...