The Housing Partnership Network |
(HPN) is a member-driven collaborative of the nation's 100 leading housing and community development nonprofits who combine social mission with business acumen to create affordable homes in thriving communities across the country. The Network's approach is based on peer exchange among high-performing organizations in the sector that share ideas and knowledge, pool resources, collaborate on business enterprises, and provide credible, practitioner-based solutions that drive policy recommendations and advocacy. The result is a network of strong nonprofits that produce impressive results in the number of homes developed and preserved, communities strengthened, and people served. The Network has received numerous awards and achievement recognitions for its social entrepreneurship from governmental, foundation, media, and international organizations.
Vice President, Administrative Operations
We are on a rapid growth curve and are ready for an upgrade of our operational systems to support a larger, distributed workforce and varied set of activities. Due to our growth, we have created a new role in our organization that will be responsible for the development and smooth operation of the administrative, human resource and technology systems of the Housing Partnership Network and our two lending subsidiaries.
Your key responsibility is to establish more formal administrative systems that fit our size, culture and business model, while enjoying broad support from the staff. Another key responsibility is to drive the use of technology in the organization. You will also provide leadership for the further development of our organizational culture and staff.
- Oversee the Director of Community Information and IT and work with them to drive the use of technology in the organization, provide effective IT systems, develop IT and policy and practice, provide effective software and systems to meet the needs of the organization's operations and business units.
- Oversee the Office Manager and Administrative Assistants and the systems for facilities management, purchasing, electronic and paper filing systems, etc. Improve and develop administrative systems as needed in a growing organization.
- Manage insurance, corporate filings and registrations for the Network and its affiliated entities.
- Oversee and evaluate the services of the Network's PEO (professional employer organization), implement on-boarding and staff development programs, develop human resource policies, materials and practices, as needed, coordinate performance evaluation and hiring processes and handle day-to-day human resources operations. Oversee other staff working on human resources.
- Manage organizational program evaluation and planning processes.
- 5+ years leadership of business operations experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of administrative and HR systems appropriate to an organization of 30-60 people.
- Ability to utilize leading edge knowledge of the use of technology to drive organizational success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and mission-driven.
- Minimal travel may be required.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, depending on experience, and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K and future growth. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
idealist.org - 13 months ago