Vice President, Administrative Services [Mesa College]
Open Until Filled
Range 19, $8,354 – $12,163 per month based upon the current Management Salary Schedule. Initial salary placement is typically between Steps A ($8,354) and Step C ($12,163) with six (6) years of verifiable, directly related experience. Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the CBA. This position is FLSA Exempt (does not accrue overtime). Benefits will be provided under the terms of the Management Agreement. This is a designated management position. Annual Salaries will be recalculated for service less than a full academic year based on Education Code §87815, any adjustment will be made on the first pay period, if warranted. Travel reimbursement for interviewees traveling more than 200 miles, one-way, will be paid according to geographic location (see SDCCD Travel Stipend Policy, Rev 7/14/2011). Relocation expenses up to $5,000 may be provided. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements/handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Classified
Bargaining Unit: Management
Location: Mesa College
Department: Administrative Services
Applications are currently being accepted for Vice President, Administrative Services located at San Diego Mesa College, reporting directly to the college president. The selected candidate will ideally begin on June 17, 2013.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
Commitment to Diversity: All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To ensure full consideration, qualified candidates must submit a complete on-line application (references to résumés or other uploaded documents within the on-line application will be considered an “incomplete” application; if any section does not apply, please enter “N/A”). The following document(s) should be assembled prior to completing the on-line SDCCD Classified Application:
1. Cover Letter
Important: To ensure consistency and fairness to all candidates, please do not submit materials other than those requested (i.e., personal photo, articles you’ve written, etc). Please only upload requested documents using respective document name labels. Uploading extraneous materials, unless specifically requested within this posting, may result in your application not being reviewed.
• Application materials sent via mail, fax, or e-mail will not be accepted.
• Note that correspondence, including interview invitations, will be sent to you via e-mail.
Conditions of Employment:
SELECTED CANDIDATE IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT :
• Submit “official” college transcripts as stated on application (even if a degree is not a requirement for this position)
• Pass a pre-employment physical exam at the District’s expense
• Provide a Certificate of Tuberculosis Exam for initial appointment (Note: The certificate must be renewed every 4 years as a condition of continuing employment)
• Have fingerprints taken by a Live Scan computer at the candidate’s expense (Clearance must be received prior to first day of employment)
• Present original documents for proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Attend a new hire processing appointment in Human Resources located at the District Administrative Offices
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SDCCD provides a comprehensive fringe benefit package for its full-time classified employees. The District contributes toward the cost of the premium (including dependent coverage) for the medical insurance plan options. Additional benefits include dental, vision, sick leave, vacation and opportunities for professional development. Contract employees become members of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) upon appointment.
To apply visit: http://www.sdccdjobs.com
BlacksinHigherEd.com - 23 months ago