The Vice President of Ambulatory Clinical Practice is responsible for the development of a quality of care program throughout ambulatory clinical practices in an integrated health system. He/she will oversee the development and implementation of ambulatory practice standards which support the delivery of patient-centered, cost effective and quality driven care. The individual will work with system leadership to measure physician performance through the compilation and analysis of data and communication of results and recommendations throughout the organization. The VP will work closely with physician organization leadership and health system CMOs to build physician relationships and improve internal communication related to system initiatives.
This position reports to the SVP, Physician Network Development; the individual must be able to work collaboratively in a highly matrixed organization and be able to build consensus across multiple constituencies.
Education, Training and Experience:
- In collaboration with key CHS executive leadership, develops processes that support the creation of a unified ambulatory quality program throughout the physician enterprise.
- Develops standards, systems and tools for data collection and analysis of clinical practice patterns, environment of care, patient safety and resource allocation within physician practices.
- Integrates practice assessments into valuation summary used in consideration of acquisition of selected physician practices.
- Collaborates with Epic teams to identify and implement key processes changes required for efficient practice operations and adherence to best practice standards.
- Collaborates with practice management and IT to ensure appropriate EHR adoption and provider education related to goals and objectives.
- Works with clinical staff to implement streamlined and efficient workflow changes
- Recommends documentation and EMR utilization standards which support and promote meaningful use measures; serves as a resource for questions related to meaningful use initiatives.
- Working with the system Chief Medical Officer, hospital CMOs and LIHN CMO, develops and implements processes to assess and report on clinical quality measures related to P4P, GPRO, PQRI/S and other programs.
- Recommends staffing resources and support required to accomplish goals and objectives related to clinical programs.
- Assures that health system patient care delivery model(s), clinical and staffing standards for nursing and patient care are consistent with current research and professional standards and with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- In conjunction with entity leadership, accountable for compliance with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Supports Nursing standards of care/ scope of practice
- Serves as liaison for ambulatory nurses and senior nursing leadership
- BSN or Bachelor of Science in Nursing required, Masters preferred
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensing and credentials as required for state guidelines
- ANCC or other nursing certification preferred
- CPHQ certification preferred
- Experience in a large, complex hospital or healthcare system required.
- Ten years experience in nursing administration, preferably in an ambulatory environment
- Familiarity with ambulatory EMR systems (e.g., EPIC)
- Proven track record of accountability and results
- Experience in dealing with governmental regulatory and/or law enforcement agencies
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Candidates must have comprehensive knowledge of healthcare/hospital operations with a
- minimum of ten (10) years in ambulatory nursing including at least five (5) years at a leadership level, preferably with responsibility for ambulatory care strategy.