Req ID 3924BR Department Accounting Location Boston, MA Job Description The Vice President, Assistant Controller, will provide financial leadership and partner with functional leaders to support the continued high growth and global expansion of the organization. This position is a key member of the SVP, Corporate Controller’s team and will have direct global responsibility for financial reporting, establishing accounting policy, and leading the accounting operations team (including the general ledger, revenue accounting, accounts payable, payroll and stock compensation groups).
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures in compliance with US GAAP
- Drive continuous improvement within the accounting organization by identifying and creating KPIs and measuring progress against them
- Oversees the financial close and financial statement preparation to be completed on an accurate and timely basis within the framework of the objectives and established policies
- Provide financial analysis to facilitate decision making
- Assists in the improvement of accounting business processes to improve productivity and create operating efficiencies across the company
- Ensures compliance across the business to meet/support SEC and Sarbanes Oxley reporting requirements
- Lead and develop a highly effective and world class team Minimum Qualifications - Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting
- 15+ years of progress accounting experience, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in a public company and SEC reporting
VERTEX is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
- Strong accounting operational experience with a focus on process and results
- Excellent ability to effectively lead and manage teams and build cross functional collaboration
- Other qualifications
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player while successfully driving results
- Ability to thrive and manage in a highly matrix organization
- Experience with Oracle and systems implementations a plus Company Information Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, MA, we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science Magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist, and most recently was named the top employer in Science magazine's 2011 annual survey. For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals - 22 months ago
Vertex Pharmaceuticals aims to cure patients with previously incurable diseases. The biotechnology company uses an integrated,...