ITG Investment Research
ITG’s unique investment research offerings (ITG Investment Research) provide portfolio managers and analysts with timely information and strategic insights grounded in data that is unbiased, reliable and actionable. The Investment Research offering differentiates itself by providing creative, out of the box solutions to predictive research.
The position will play a key role in helping ITG IR find and manage new strategic domestic and international data partnerships so that ITG IR can both strengthen and broaden its equity research offerings. Key industries on which to focus will include internet, Ecommerce, technology, telecom, consumer (retail, grocers, restaurants, etc.) and healthcare as well as building business case for new sectors based upon the potential of new datasets. This is NOT a client facing role. While there is some collaboration with the sales team, this role is focused around relationships with strategic vendors most of whom are not in the Investment Research business. The role of the position will be to:
- Map out competitive offerings of other equity research firms to determine points of differentiation and the leverage that new data sets could provide: How will this new data give investors unique insight into companies? Will these insights lead to an information advantage?
- Map out the value chains and ecosystems of selected domestic and international sectors to determine key points where unique data might be gathered and collected. Develop and maintain working databases of both traditional and non-traditional companies providing data on selected sectors.
- Seek out strategic development opportunities as it pertains to the ITG’s research businesses by developing a strong understanding of competitive equity and market research landscape.
- Support the strategic growth of ITG Investment Research’s market research initiatives in Healthcare, Consumer and Telecom
- Develop relationships with new data partners, leveraging existing networks and knowledge.
- Assist to negotiate and structure long term contracts laying out economics, service levels, and exclusivity of data partnerships.
- Own the ongoing management of relationships with existing partners to include renewals and any modification of existing contracts.
- Work closely with the quantitative research teams to structure testing of data so that ITG IR can determine the predictive nature of data for investment research.
- Research and attend relevant industry conferences and expos to network and prospect new potential data partners.
- Manage division data budget, including monthly variance reporting to management.
- Act as mentor for Business Development Associate, supporting professional growth.
- Demonstrated strategic negotiation and deal making experienced is a must
- Ability to quickly and effectively communicate a value proposition to a skeptical audience
- Ability to creatively and effectively structure various agreements: license, evaluation and commercial agreements and data/product swap agreements
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholder expectations to achieve overall objectives of the Company
- Experience within healthcare, retail, energy, telecom and consumer technology, bringing an existing and established network of contacts and/or sector competency
- Proven ability to think outside the box and act creatively with data
- Experiences with building product and developing business plans a plus
- Understanding of and ability to effectively communicate statistical data analysis and modeling techniques to stakeholders
- Intellectually curious
- Experience working under time pressure and delivering on-time
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Results oriented
- Creative thinking
- Flexible approach to work
- Analytical skills
- Strong team player
- Responsiveness to Change
- Highly organized
- Self-disciplined and motivated
- Takes ownership for department objectives
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume to Careers@itg.com and include Vice President, Business Development in the subject line.
- Bachelor’s degree from top college or university with relevant major is required. MBA or graduate degree is preferred but not required.
- Candidate should have 5+ years of experience will be from the following areas: management or strategy consulting at a top consulting firm, business development for a market research or market data firm, business development for a software start-up company.
It is the policy of ITG to provide and promote equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental handicap not related to ability, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
ITG - 18 months ago
Investment Technology Group, Inc. (ITG) is a specialized agency brokerage and financial technology company that partners with asset managers...