Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer of Javelin and is a member of the Executive Team.
Mission: Increase Javelin Marketing Group’s revenues within first year by signing at least 3 sizable engagements with new clients.
Achieve new client revenue goals by end of year one, and incremental new client revenue of increased goals by end of year two.
Sign at least one large client engagement through an Omnicom partnership with a sister agency in year one
Lead at least three major pitches within first 12 months.
Lead and manage Javelin’s new business plan and pipeline.
The Vice President, Business Development leads all new business development initiatives and provides expertise in business development throughout Javelin. The Vice President will partner closely with the CEO, President/Chief Operating Officer, Chief Creative Officer, SVP of Client Services, SVP of Strategic Planning, and MD – Enterprise Spectrum & SVP of Analytics and CFO, as well as account teams, creative staff and other subject matter experts within the agency to generate and convert appropriate and qualified business. The ideal candidate will be a marketer who is exhilarated by problem solving and client relationship building. S/he thrives on pursuing new clients and closing business, and has a track record to prove it. The Vice President, Business Development must be very hungry, be a blazing networker, and already have a strong rolodex.
- Works closely with executive team to establish a strategic, planned approach to build and manage an effective pipeline of qualified prospects
- Develops and fosters relationships with prospects through cold calling, direct marketing, e-marketing, seminars, industry conferences, and personal networking.
- Gains understanding of prospect needs and business objectives through needs analysis and consultation with the purpose of uncovering opportunities for the agency across a wide service range
- Determines high-level approach to solving clients’ problems through agency offerings
- Drives established revenue goals in association with other relevant KPIs that include client-desired metrics.
- Engaged with relevant industry associations, search consultants alliances, and events, which may include speaking engagements in order to bring visibility to the agency
- Develops sufficient understanding of our suite of offerings that include strategy, creative, analytics, innovative products, and thought leadership to leverage the strength of previous case studies and individual expertise
- Produces high quality, well-written responses for Requests for Proposal
- Writes clear, concise creative briefs
- Coordinates and directs agency pitch team including the big idea, presentation content, pitch team composition and presentation logistics
- Stays abreast of and communicates industry trends
- 10+ years of proven sales success in a professional services or consulting environment, ideally an advertising, marketing or PR firm.
- Strong relationships with C-Level (CMO preferred) contacts at Fortune 1,000 companies.
- Demonstrated track record of success signing/bringing on Fortune 1,000 companies as full-time clients for an agency or marketing services firm.
- Hands-on experience in selling strategy, creative, and analytics including but not limited to direct mail, email, web site development, interactive media, search, display, mobile, video, social, marketing analytics, branding, strategy, and planning.
- Understanding of digital/interactive/new media communications strategies with the consulting capabilities to translate to clients business requirements
- Exposure to agency environment
- Ability to give powerful, persuasive presentations
- Previous experience interacting and building relationships with C-level players
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work well both independently and with a team
- BA/BS degree in marketing, advertising communications or related field
- Listening skills. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their points of view.
- Bias for action and drive for results. Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Able to take calculated risks.
- Tenacious. Demonstrates unrelenting willingness to do what’s necessary and go the distance to get something done.
- Follows through on commitments. Lives up to agreements.
- Advanced consulting skills with demonstrated ability to successfully influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to think and communicate strategically and objectively with confidence. Effectively translates data into actionable insights and initiatives.
- Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels in a company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company. Uses an appropriate sense of humor to persuade others to act.
- Able to leverage and understand company culture, political climate and knowledge of business priorities to drive to results. Through relationships at multiple levels, influences and collaborates to achieve positive outcome.
Javelin - 19 months ago
Javelin Technologies is a fully authorized and certified SolidWorks training and support organization. The company provides mechanical...