Vice President of Business Development
Proofpoint is looking a Vice President of Business Development that can thrive in a fast-paced and energetic, growth environment. This key role will report to the Executive Vice President of World Wide sales and will interact with the Proofpoint Executive staff on a regular basis.
The candidate should have experience and knowledge of the security industry with demonstrated full-lifecycle, prospecting, and business development within Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) sales. There is great potential in this highly-visible role for a proven leader who can hit the ground running, think on their feet and consistently shape partnerships that achieve strategic and quota objectives.
The candidate will bring finely tuned relationship-building skills to identify and develop high-value technology partnerships with key targets. Together with a team, the primary responsibility is to identify prospects and drive the full lifecycle sales process with potential OEM partners. The candidate will leverage their extensive network to cultivate relationships with these targets and close revenue generating deals including recognizing targets for prospecting, building relationships, an driving the process to complete a complex, enterprise sale.
The person who is fits this role will have the ability to learn technology and master the value proposition pitch for the Proofpoint suite of products, partners and markets.
- Understand the nuances and complexities of OEM relationships, and have a proven track record of successful sales in this capacity
- 10 plus years conducting financial modeling and shaping of large, complex OEM deals
- Deep knowledge of multiple platforms in correlation with Security solutions, competitors and market landscape is required
- Clear understanding of the business and process fundamentals of being successful with high-ticket security solution/compliance sales and have a proven track record of success
- Prior experience working and building relationships with senior professionals such as C-Level Executives or VP’s to identify needs and recognize prospective partnership opportunities will be critical to your success and help you make a big positive impact from day one
- Ability to manage, inspire and lead a team of people to achieve financial and professional goals
- MBA or educational equivalent desired