Job Description Template
Vice President, Channel Partner and Agency Sales| New York, NY (Job Code: US-XXX)
Velti (Nasdaq: VELT) is a leading provider of mobile marketing and advertising technology solutions and services. This particular leadership role would oversee a sales team selling Velti’s mGage mobile marketing and advertising solutions, which include:
These products would be sold to Channel Partners i.e. those companies that want to integrate mobile into their existing technology solutions, white label our tools to resell, or utilize the tools to deliver mobile projects for their clients. Such clients include multi-channel marketers, data management companies and email service providers (e.g. ExactTarget, Epsilon, Responsys) as well as Agencies (Draftfcb, Saatchi).
- mGage Communicate: Advanced mobile messaging tool to execute SMS and push marketing
- mGage Create: Comprehensive mobile site and rich media creation tools
- mGage Advertise: A leading mobile ad-serving, conversion tracking and data system
As a Vice President, you will manage a national sales team and be responsible for delivering on an eight-figure revenue goal. You will contribute your expertise shape the market strategy, sales positioning and business vision of the group, while also interfacing with client services, marketing and product teams for support and collaboration. You will be required to help establish and oversee your team’s critical client relationships and you will be a part of a larger sales leadership team that reports directly to the Chief Commercial Revenue Officer for North America.
This role requires relevant domain expertise, strong leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills. It requires someone who has a proven past of delivering against revenue goals, managing a national sales team and being a thought leader in the mobile and/or channel/agency space. A skill set building out channel models with partners is desired. Lastly, it requires a leader with experience in creating processes and strong operational acumen to ensure there is a path to revenue in this new and constantly changing medium of mobile marketing and advertising.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Manage a team of at least 5 sales contributors across the country
- Hit 8 figure revenue goals agreed to by management evaluated in weekly forecasts and quarterly leadership meetings
- Extend and drive revenue through Email Service Providers, Advertising Agencies, and potential new partners (Hosting firms, others)
- Execute and refine sales processes and strategies and manage their implementation
- Establish relationships with executives at top prospects and clients
- Instill a strong prospecting and growth culture in the sales team
- Define clear working processes across internal teams on client services, sales engineering, marketing and product
- Communicate selling needs and industry trends to marketing and product teams
- Evangelize Velti and the Mobile space
Compensation: Competitive base salary + sales incentive comp + benefits (health, 401k) + stock options.
- 10+ years of sales experience, 5+ years of sales management
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Marketing or equivalent degree preferred
- Knowledge of interactive advertising and marketing, knowledge of mobile a huge plus
- Experience working with Channel Partners, Technology Sales, and/or Agencies
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude required
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience in a start-up or fast paced technology environment desirable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
We are looking for a leader, who is passionate about winning and being part of a company that aspires to unlock the potential of mobile marketing and advertising through technology. If you are that person, we would love to talk. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Velti - 18 months ago