The VP of Client Services will own the overall account engagement, successful delivery of services, P&L responsibility, and aggressive new sales and revenue targets. The ideal candidate will have a technology background, leveraging this expertise as a strategic consultant who helps bridge the gap between business and technology.
Key Challenges You Will Overcome:
- Build and lead a multi-faceted team of technology, subject matter, and project experts through the entire sales cycle; includes pre-sales meetings, qualification, discovery, contract negotiations, and closing business.
- Develop an overall plan for the account including revenue, margin, strategic direction, and resources allocation.
- Manage all commercial activities between Synacor and the client.
- Build solid relationships with stakeholders in order to meet commitments, solve challenges, manage expectations, and expand the opportunities and revenue within client.
- Develop and maintain senior executive relationships within client, supported by the Synacor executive leadership team.
- So cialize with the client, where appropriate, while building additional relationships with additional business units.
- Work closely with the Program Manager in overseeing the project delivery, both strategically and tactically.
- Understand the strategic objectives and translate those into actionable deliverables and programs that are effectively communicated to all stakeholders.
- Work closely with Human Resources and the executive team to attract and retain exceptional talent.
- Interview and help close potential employees for the client delivery team.
- Le ad a “matrix” delivery team for client including: Program Manager, Project Managers, Technical Architects, Software Engineers, QA Engineers, and Business Analysts.
- Provide strategic vision and direction, ensuring there is buy-in to the strategic plan for the client throughout Synacor, in turn ensuring that the customer receives an excellent experience.
- Pr ovide the leadership and create the platform that provides the work environment, tools, infrastructure, processes, people and relationships that will allow Synacor’s employees to excel, meet their client commitments, and grow the account.
- Inspire, motivate, and advise the internal delivery team to meet agreed-upon goals (systematic team feedback, rewards, and recognition.)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Negotiating the large and diverse landscape of stakeholders as well as the politics that exist within a large corporation.
- A cting as a stable force that effectively manages and leads in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
- Bringing clarity in defining and communicating Synacor’s vision and goals to both the client and internal team.
- Balancing the importance of business development with execution and operational excellence.
What we’ll bring to the table:
- 15+ years of overall business development, account management, and delivery experience for a Fortune 5000 client.
- 7+ years of professional services and/or consulting experience (focusing on delivery of software and services.)
- Domain experience within digital media / online media / Video-on-Demand (VOD) / Entertainment / or similar.
- D emonstrated ability to manage customer relationships with a business development focus leading to the growth and longevity of a customer account.
- The ability to “see around corners” and anticipate evolving client needs.
- Demonstrated experience managing $5M+ accounts with a foundation in solution selling and consulting.
- S trong technology acumen and familiarity working on leading-edge technologies—primarily software development.
- A passion and enthusiasm for the media / entertainment domains.
- Experience managing projects in their early phases, including expanding and solidifying engagement and building out a team.
- Competitive compensation package and benefits, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Generous paid time off
- Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
- The opportunity to make a difference
Synacor - 14 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...