Vice President, Compensation & Benefits
Location: Pasadena, CA
Job Function: Human Resources
Job Code: 1190
# of openings: 1
Green Dot (NYSE: GDOT), which launched in 1999, is a publicly traded bank holding company primarily regulated by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. The Company provides widely distributed, low cost banking and payment solutions to a broad base of U.S. consumers. Green Dot's products and services include its market leading category of General Purpose Reloadable (GPR) prepaid cards and its industry-leading cash transfer network. Green Dot reloadable prepaid debit cards are designed for long-term, general spending and budgeting purposes and can be used everywhere that MasterCard or Visa debit cards are accepted. Green Dot has a wide product distribution network that includes approximately 60,000 retail stores nationwide, where 95% of Americans shop. Green Dot is headquartered in the greater Los Angeles area. For more details, visit www.greendot.com.
Vice President, Compensation and Benefits
The Vice President of Compensation and Benefits is responsible for providing leadership, strategy and consultation for Compensation and functional oversight for corporate benefits in the creation of competitive and innovative programs. This leader will implement short and long term reward strategies designed to attract, integrate and retain employees. Includes the functional oversight and collaboration on group welfare plans, retirement savings plans, deferred compensation plans, health and wellness programs, compensation and benfit compliance. Will serve as leader and subject matter expert in areas of total cash compensation, executive compensation, performance-based merit and incentive programs.
- Responsible for developing proxy analysis and Board of Director materials for Compensation Committee.
- Provide consultation on executive compensation, benefit and prerequisite practices.
- Design executive, employee and sales incentive compensation programs.
- Lead the administration and oversight of the 401(k) Plan, including compliance with ERISA, IRS and DOL regulations.
- Assist HR management team on acquisitions by leading the employee benefits efforts on due diligence, integrating compensation and benefits plans and making recommendations for compensation and retention plans.
- Develop and lead all employee benefits communication and education for employees.
- Lead processes for compliance requirements of employee benefits related programs, such as COBRA administration, HIPAA, discrimination testing.
- Participate with finance on completion and submission for required filings such as 5500’s and creation and communication of required documents such as Summary Annual Reports and Summary Pan Descriptions for all compensation and benefit plans.
- Oversee administration of employee benefit committees and maintain relationships with compensation consultants and defined contribution providers.
- Provide proactive counsel and serve as a resource to management and human resources staff on compensation and benefits programs, policies, and practices.
- Experience preparing materials for Board of Directors/Compensation Committee.
- 10+ years of Human Resources experience with minimum of 7 years in compensation and benefits.
- Experience in compensation and benefit program design and accountability for plan strategy and administration.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
Green Dot Corporation
- 3 years ago - save job
If you've got the green but not the plastic, Green Dot would like to help. The company offers prepaid debit cards through approximately...