Responsible for elevating and leading the Consumer Brand Management discipline within UOR, applying principles of consumer marketing to achieve desired business objectives; responsible for leading a team of brand management professionals to identify opportunity and write integrated marketing and sales plans with recommended strategies for product, pricing, promotional and distribution activity for the products and services brought to market by UOR; marketing plan recommendations are anchored in marketing intelligence and consumer insights and function as the business directive for the allocation of dollar investment in marketing designed to generate the desired financial return to the Company. As such, VP leader is responsible for the financial analysis, planning, forecasting and budgeting of marketing expense for the branded products and services in the UOR portfolio.
Specifically, this position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, mentoring and managing brand marketing functions to achieve objectives of brand equity, park attendance, sales, growth, profitability. Collaborates with all Sales & Marketing areas and other key Divisions to ensure that strategy and plans remain relevant to consumers, support the brand promise and deliver the business objectives.
BRAND EQUITY AND REVENUE GOALS
- Works with SVP Strategy & Insights to develop and implement sound strategy to support revenue goals.
- Works with SVP Strategy & Insights to develop and implement sound strategy to support revenue goals
- Contributes directly to the financial performance (sales and profitability) of the division and organization.
- Drives overall brand equity, profitable growth and attendance.
- Oversees marketing plans for all key consumer segments and channels, products & entitlements, brand experiences, and major attractions & events
- Thought leader on corporate brand and channel strategy to ensure consistent image is represented in all interactions and is aligned with overall corporate and S/M strategy; interfaces with other senior leaders to ensure continuity across brand marketing efforts.
- Strives for industry leadership and innovation.
- Works closely with Strategic Intel on consumer, competitive, and industry tracking as it relates to shaping UO marketing strategy.
- Identify and champion new customer experience concepts. Oversees the development of experience plans and recognition/loyalty programs that add value and contribute to profitability.
- Focus on ways to improve efficiencies and effectiveness in delivering value to targeted geographies and consumer segments.
NEW ATTRACTION LAUNCHES, EVENTS & PROGRAMS:
- Provides thought leadership and innovative ideas to drive marketing excellence and innovation particularly with regard to branded consumer experiences, new attraction & event launches.
- Identify and manage programs focused on key segments for growth.
- Assist SVP & Executive Level Management in the performance of other special duties and projects as needed in support of organizational goals.
Performance Metrics (TBD on annual basis) Brand Equity Measures, Ticket Sales, Attendance, Revenue, TSAT
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in Marketing, Advertising, or MBA preferred or strong relevant consumer brand marketing experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive
EXPERIENCE: 15+ years of progressive marketing, branding &/or advertising experience preferably strong in brand strategy and execution in a consumer entertainment, travel or amusement park industry.
- Proven experience (8+ years) in department & budget management.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills.
- Marketing and customer service orientation.
- Strong understanding of consumer and brand research.
- A passion for and experience with new technology and media channels.
- Cross-functional expertise and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with strong critical decision-making and communication skills.
- Experience presenting to and working with top executives.
Experience/Knowledge in the following areas preferred/beneficial:
- Key Consumer Segments (US, Florida-In market tourists, Canada, Teens/Tweens, and Hispanic)
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience
- Brand Management
- Consumer Research
- Customer Insight, Retention & Loyalty
- Advertising Development
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Event Marketing
- Digital & Technical Savvy (Social Media Experience+)
- Licensed Partner Marketing models
We regret, due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
To go directly to this position cut and paste the Job Posting number: 10195BR
IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2012 Universal Studios. © 2012 Universal Orlando. All right reserved. EOE
Apply to job
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 10 months ago