This role is the leader in web design at macys.com. Conceptualizing and supervising all creative for macys.com daily assets, which include home pages, emails, banners, mobile assets, tablet assets and microsites. This person will art direct site enhancement assets and Macy’s Private Brand online visuals with a long term view towards innovation and planning. Delivering consistently high quality work that provides a world-class ecommerce experience, enhances the brand, and furthers the corporation’s omni-channel strategy this position drives the entire web design from strategy to execution.
- Drive creative strategy to support merchandising, marketing and branding goals.
- Deliver creative solutions that communicate clearly and stand out in the online arena.
- Evolve site look & feel, with an eye on performance, usability and conversion.
- Translate brand vision online. Sets styles guides and templates.
- Elevate presentations through visual merchandising and editorial photo direction.
- Review and direct all comps. Engages in hands-on design for complex projects.
- Stay current with competitive landscape, emerging trends and site metrics to inform work.
- Understand user experience and stay current with web standard execution.
- Generate new ideas. Identifies new opportunities for the business. Drives innovation in all aspects of job: creative execution, user experience, marketing tactics, workflows and organizational structure.
- Develop effective cross-functional partnerships. Collaborates closely with Technology, Merchandise and Marketing Management leaders to execute creative strategies.
- Manage & coach direct reports consisting of Design Directors and Design Managers.
- Foster a culture of excellence, creativity and results.
- Successfully motivate a robust and fast-paced team, especially when the path is less than clear and deadlines are tight.
- Recruit and retain strong talent.
- Manage freelance budget to accurately staff team through workload surges.
- Collaborate with Macy’s INC, Macy’s Merchandising Group and other partners on campaign development and synergy representing the online point of view and guiding partners through web best practices and possibilities.
- Recommend interactive solutions that leverage channel uniqueness to enhance corporate campaigns.
- Develop ways to drive store traffic and sales.
- Participate in Executive-level committees to shape macys.com’s overall strategy.
- Strong conceptual thinker who is prolific with ideas.
- Multi-disciplinary problem solving ability while effectively collaborating
- Refined aesthetic and sense of style, relating to design; impeccable design & type sensibility.
- Strong grasp of information architecture, interactive design, usability principles, copy best practices.
- Retail background preferred with fluency in marketing concepts, merchandising tactics and ecommerce best practices.
- Working knowledge of capabilities/parameters of technology and programming.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, solve complex problems while maintaining flexibility in fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years web design experience preferred.
- Minimum 8 years management experience.
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's - 2 years ago
The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates about 840...