Vice President, Dental Health Plan
Job ID: : 25734
Department: : Dental Plan Admin GHI
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: :
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
About HealthPartners and family of organizations:
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the Twin Cities best places to work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
We currently have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Vice President of HealthPartners Dental Health Plan. This position exists to provide strategic and operational leadership of HealthPartners dental plans. This person is HealthPartners’ leader for the development and implementation of its pre-paid and self-funded dental products, regional and national contracting strategy and dental plan administration. This person has overall responsibility for the performance of HealthPartners dental plan, and will also contribute generally to HealthPartners as a member of its leadership team.
HealthPartners is a family of nonprofit, Minnesota health care organizations focused on our mission to improve the health of its members and community. HealthPartners is a consumer governed integrated care and financing system. Its related organizations provide health care services, insurance and HMO coverage to over 1.4 million members and have individual and employer groups of all sizes nationwide.
The HealthPartners family includes the HealthPartners and Ramsey clinics, HealthPartners Medical Group, HealthPartners Dental Group, Regions Hospital, Hudson Hospital, Lakeview Hospital, Methodist Hospital, Westfields Hospital, HealthPartners and Regions Research Foundations, HealthPartners Institute for Medical Education, HealthPartners Central Minnesota Clinics, Group Health, Inc., HealthPartners Administration, Midwest Assurance Company and also our recent combination with Park Nicollet. We now have more than 21,000 employees throughout the organization.
Effective January 1, 2013, HealthPartners combined with Park Nicollet Health Services, a Twin Cities based non-profit health care organization with more than 8,200 employees, including more than 1,000 physicians. This combination expands our opportunity to build healthier communities, create better, more affordable care and focus on patients and their needs. Our shared mission, deep capabilities and dedication to innovation will help us achieve the triple aim, transform health care and inspire others.
About HealthPartners Dental Plan Administration:
HealthPartners Dental team is responsible for all aspects of the dental plan which includes dental underwriting, financial and employer reporting, operations, contracting and provider relations, dental product management.
We are unique in that our department includes multiple units that are responsible for the areas listed above which gives us the opportunity to be involved in different areas of the plan administration and work closely with others in our department with a different level of responsibility which gives us a broad knowledge base of how our plan operates and what we need to do to succeed.
HealthPartners Dental Plan has 446,000 members and a network that consists of owned and contracted offices with over 2,330 providers throughout Minnesota and surrounding areas. We also have a partnership with a National Preferred Provider network that consists of over 58,000 providers and 48,000 locations throughout the country. We serve customers across the entire dental care delivery spectrum. First and foremost, we serve our dental members and patients. External customers we serve include dental providers, employer groups, consultants and brokers, and regulatory agencies. We work with many internal customers as well across all areas of the HealthPartners organization including Claims, Sales, Product Management, Membership Accounting, Finance, Information Services, Government Programs, Actuarial, Member Services and HealthPartners Dental Group.
By providing dental products centered on the best interests of our members and customers, HealthPartners Dental Plan is actively involved in improving the health of our patients, members, and community. HealthPartners Dental Group (HPDG) is central to Plan activities as a nationally recognized leader in best practices of dental care delivery. HPDG currently consists of over 60 dentists including most specialty care providers. It delivers care at 22 sites across the Twin Cities as far north as St. Cloud, Minnesota.
Customer health and overall satisfaction is improved under integrated delivery models. This applies in plan administration like it does in integrated care delivery. The Dental Plan helps support the mission of the larger HealthPartners organization by enhancing the member and employer experience through multi-product offerings using integrated systems.
General Management and Leadership:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a management/leadership position. Understanding of the broad health/dental care industry and business trends and issues.
- Experience in giving presentations before public and corporate forums.
- Proven ability to work successfully in partnership with others.
- Previous job experience in a corporate officer level position preferred.
- Dental and/or Medical Plan experience preferred
- Master’s degree in a major field appropriate to the position preferred
Product Development and Management:
- Provides overall dental strategic leadership, vision and mission setting for the dental plan that is consistent with the broad organization.
- Responsible for setting and attainment of dental goals, and the overall performance the HealthPartners dental plan.
- Provides leadership and direction for HealthPartners dental plan development in concert with HealthPartners marketing department.
- Leads and directs staff and systems to support HealthPartners dental plans
- Leads and directs staff and systems that are responsible for dental plan pricing and revenue generation
- Responsible for the development of regional and national network strategy to support HealthPartners dental products. Leads and directs staff in execution of strategy.
Underwriting and Pricing:
- Provides leadership and direction for new dental product initiatives and improvements to existing products.
- Brings creativity, knowledge, innovation and a strategic focus to dental product development.
- Leverages the integrated model of care (Plan and care delivery) as a strategic advantage
- Assists in the direction of staff members working in the product development area.
Network Development and Management:
- Provides leadership and direction to dental staff members who work in the underwriting and pricing area.
- Participates in dental underwriting rate meetings and makes decisions on final premium prices to be quoted to prospective Employer groups.
- Provides leadership in setting and achieving revenue goals set in the annual budget.
- Provides leadership and direction to contracting with dentists to be dental providers for HealthPartners programs and providers
- Provides direction and supervision to dental staff who do provider recruitment, contracting, and management of the HealthPartners dental networks.
Sales and Marketing:
- Provides leadership and direction to the efficient and effective administration of the dental plans operations.
- Provides leadership and direction to sales and product development teams within HealthPartners.
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.com/careers, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID #25734.
- Coordinates dental activities associated with the sales and marketing of HealthPartners dental products.
- Participates in medical marketing, sales, and underwriting meetings for market segment teams to ensure the coordination and sales distribution of dental products
- Participates in meetings with sales prospects and customers in the community as a resource to the organizations sales staff.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...