The VP Engineering will provide leadership across all relevant technical areas, plan and implement multiple consumer-facing initiatives, and manage engineering, QA and the Agile office. It reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
The position requires an individual who can develop and execute a strong technology strategy, manage the organization that develops and supports these applications, and be a hands-on technologist setting the architecture direction and implementing engineering best practices.
The also position requires an experienced perspective based on organizational development, active collaboration, agility, technical excellence and the ability to successfully partner with and advise senior business and technology leaders.
About Your Duties:
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Manage a team of ~100 employees and contractors (engineering, QA and scrum masters);
- Manage a growing portfolio of 75+ websites, mobile sites and mobile applications;
- Provide overall leadership on development efforts across the project portfolio;
- Build and maintain front-end frameworks (HTML, Java, Hibernate, Spring, etc)
- Build and maintain web services frameworks (RESTfull, SOAP, etc);
- Build and maintain back-end frameworks (Ecom, VMS, CMS, ID mgt, PIM);
- Design software architecture to efficiently deploy new consumer experiences;
- Collaborate with internal groups and stakeholders on all initiatives;
- Establish and maintain engineering best practices, including development methodologies;
- Rapidly develop software prototypes to demonstrate functionality to stakeholders;
- Effectively integrate with third party solutions;
- Lead the evaluation of software platforms and applications.
About Your Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 10 years of experience in building web / mobile experiences;
- 7 years of experience managing large engineering teams;
- 3 years of experience in building native mobile applications;
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects using an Agile / Scrum methodology;
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time, in scope, in budget;
- Demonstrated understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle;
- Solid understanding of quality assurance testing and compliance;
Beachbody, creator of the nation’s most popular in-home fitness and weight loss solutions including P90X®, Insanity®, and Brazil Butt Lift®, among many others, is a rapidly growing fitness company.
Founded in 1998 on the simple principle of helping people achieve their goals and enjoying healthy, fulfilling lives, Beachbody offers an unprecedented opportunity to be a part of a global movement where your work is valued and measurable.
Decidedly un-corporate, Beachbody encourages employees, or Dudes as we call them, to bring their unique selves to work, employ a progressive mindset, have fun, and G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done). Your personality and willingness to embrace our culture is equally important as your skills and resume. We are passionate about what we do and expect the same from you.
Our founders, Carl Daikeler and Jon Congdon, have created a highly collaborative and energetic atmosphere complete with competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefits, free Shakeology, hourly fitness classes, and product discounts. Beachbody is an equal opportunity employer and is always looking for humble, top-notch talent prepared to influence positive change.
Beachbody - 14 months ago
Body-conscious consumers keep Beachbody (formerly Product Partners, LLC) busy. Founded in 1998 by CEO Carl Daikeler and president Jon...