KIND OF WORK PERFORMED: Under the general direction of the
CEO, the position is responsible for directing all financial and administrative
operations, programs, functions and employees. Major areas of responsibility
include budgeting/accounting, real estate, grants management, human resources,
procurement and inventory.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
(not intended to be all inclusive)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Works as an extension of the CEO, thinking and
- Directs all phases of the financial programs
of JTA assuring a sound financial and accounting system with
adequate safeguards to account for and protect the assets of the
Authority. Reviews and approves all financial reports,
statements and the general ledger.
- Manages the preparation of financial records
and the preparation of related reports for all JTA operations.
- Directs the preparation of yearly budgets and
presents budgets to Senior Management and the CEO for approval.
Conducts workshop for Board of Directors before formal
submission of budgets to the Board for final adoption.
- Directs employees engaged in the receipt and
recording of revenues, investment of funds, monitoring of
expenditures, administration of contracts and disbursement of
funds, including payrolls.
- Oversees the development and submittal of the
monthly budget/expenditure reports; prepares and reviews monthly
financial reports for presentation to the Board of Directors and
- Leads year-end audit and independent auditor
activities. Provides interface with City and State agencies.
Responds to inquiries from the public and other agencies.
- Develops, administers and interprets
financially based internal controls and reports that are
relative to both capital and operating expenditures to increase
effectiveness and efficiency.
- Supervises the cash management system
investments and controls. Assures that the integrity of various
funds and records are maintained in accordance with generally
accepted accounting practices. Monitors the expenditures of
State and Federal grant funds.
- Directs all Procurement programs and functions
including contract management.
- Oversees all Authority Human Resource programs
and functions, including recruitment, selection, employee
training and development, policy development, performance
appraisal program, classification and compensation, affirmative
action, workforce diversity, employee benefits and advising
managers and supervisors.
- Performs other executive team duties as
A bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred. CPA
- Proven management ability encompassing the
development and implementation of strategic goals and
objectives, setting and evaluating priorities.
- The ability to develop and translate strategic
vision into plans for implementation and execution.
- A strong work ethic to produce a focused,
dedicated, high performance work team among both internal and
external stakeholders, with a focus on collaboration, mentoring,
nurturing and delivery of exceeded goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of
relating effectively to a diverse range of people.
- Experience conducting analysis and managing
- A track record in budget management,
stewardship and developing proven strategies to build and
improve your area.
- Experience as a change agent, operating at the
highest level of an organization.
- Knowledge of the transit and public sector
finance practices, budget preparation and monitoring procedures
and computerized reporting systems.
- Knowledge of generally accepted government
accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge and the ability to analyze needs,
design and implement accounting controls and systems.
- Knowledge of NTD reporting requirements.
- Ability to supervise, train and evaluate
technical and professional account employees.
- Ability to analyze work situations and resolve
complex operating and personnel problems.
- Ability to analyze complex financial reports
and develop management recommendations and proposals relating to
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the
principles and practices of local government administration,
particularly, as they relate to Administrative Service Programs.
- Ability to supervise and organize the work of
staff, develops capable staff, enforce disciplinary procedures
and effectively appraise employee performance.
- Ability to develop objectives for department
programs and to financially direct effective long and
- A strong work ethic to produce a focused
dedicated, dedicated work team, with a focus on collaboration,
mentoring, nurturing and the delivery of exceeded goals
- Ability to be technologically savvy, and use
resources necessary to make the organization more efficient and
Ten years of increasingly responsible management experience with emphasis on
accounting or auditing in the public sector, transit system or in a service
Prior Executive Management experience, preferably as a department or division
Proven success in organizational transformation, resulting in improved
efficiency and effectiveness.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties
to be performed.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position
that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and
responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the abilities
and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise,
other than an “at will” employment relationship.
JTA continues to make our existing services better and more efficient. We are looking at ways to reduce the number of routes while still...