Vice President, Finance and Administrative Services
Posted Jul 15, 2013 by Kern Community College District
Category: Vice President
Kern Community College District
Vice President, Finance and Administrative Services
The Vice President, Finance and Administrative Services shall be directly responsible to the College President with the following major areas of responsibility: Provide fiscal and financial analysis, prepare a College budget, oversee maintenance and operations, college facilities planning, public safety, food services, the mailroom, and liaison with various vendor contractors.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. The District also provides life insurance plans for the employee, as well as an 8.25% contribution to the State Teacher’s Retirement plan. Additional types of insurance may be purchased with pre-tax dollars through an IRS 125 flexible benefit program.
Knowledge and Abilities
Examples of Duties:
• Oversee development and monitoring of College budgets consistent with District goals and applicable laws; advises the President on fiscal implications of budgetary decisions.
• Prepare, edit, manage, and reconcile budgets for all programs supervised; provide for the internal allocation and regulation of funds though requisitions and internal adjustment of funds.
• Conduct financial analysis.
• Participate in policy development in matters of fiscal management and business operations.
• Manage operations and provide innovative leadership for the following College functions: maintenance and operations, public safety, food services operations, and mailroom.
• Select, train, supervise, and evaluate managers and other staff; coordinate the work of Finance and Administrative Services with other major College units.
• Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of innovative approaches to fiscal management.
• Oversee the purchase, maintenance and repair of equipment and facilities.
• Liaison with auxiliary service contractors.
• Liaison with District Facilities Planning and Construction, as well as contractors.
• Monitor budgets in areas of responsibility.
• Serve as Bakersfield College Foundation Secretary/Treasurer.
• Participate in appropriate committees, conferences, seminars, and workshops.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Fund Accounting principles
• Budget-related administrative assignments.
• Leadership and managerial techniques.
• Contemporary issues in higher education.
• Personnel and budget management.
• Exercise critical thinking skill sets that include the ability to articulate issues, analyze data, develop options and provide recommendations.
• Exercise leadership and maintain good working relationships with faculty, students, and staff.
• Effectively manage priorities in large, complex, and diverse operational units.
• Effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Perform short and long-range budget, financial and operational planning.
• Work collaboratively and productively with faculty, students, administrators, support staff, and the community.
• Effectively work within a system of participatory governance.
• Effectively work with academic, occupational, developmental, and entrepreneurial programs in a multi-campus environment.
• Facilitate change in a productive and positive manner.
• Foster teamwork and to establish consensus.
• Effectively represent the college in the community.
Visit the Vice President, Finance and Administrative Services website
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science (BS) degree AND a Certified Public Accounting certificate with four (4) years Public Accounting experience.
• Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) AND a Bachelors degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance and four (4) years experience managing an education or government accounting operation.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college.
• Supervisory Experience
• Audit and Fund Accounting experience in a public sector business such as a California School District.
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience such as SunGard Banner.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Position Number: 00802
Posting Date: 07/15/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Management
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $109,472.70 annual
Maximum Salary: $156,370.02 annual
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: L
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Friday, July 19, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3662
HispanicsInHigherEd.com - 9 months ago