Lighting Science Group, a fast growing LED lighting solutions company located near Melbourne, Florida seeks supply chain expert to develop and execute company's supply chain strategy. This position is responsible for leading the purchasing, planning, transportation and warehousing disciplines. Successful candidate will collaborate closely with functional leaders in sales and operations to ensure alignment between functions in support of company goals.
- Oversee all areas of Supply Chain to ensure that quality and efficiency standards are measured and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Prioritize and adjust strategic plans and initiatives in response to organizational, regulatory, or market driven imperatives.
- Translate business vision and strategy into operational tactics in order to build the organizational support and infrastructure needed to achieve them.
- Establish both short and long term goals in the areas of quality, cost and service for each discipline that can be tracked routinely and allows for required adjustments to action steps.
- Collaborate with Strategy and other cross-functional teams to develop new service offerings.
- Manage a diverse team across country lines.
- Monitor global productivity and quality to ensure optimum efficiency and quality.
- Develop supply chain strategy that supports and meets company strategy, company performance objectives and customer expectations.
- Develop and implement an efficient global operational model that includes systems integration and optimization, inventory control, and demand planning.
- Develop and execute annual budgets and plans.
- Develop strong relationships with all suppliers of materials and service related to the Supply Chain.
- Establish excellent management development to provide for capable management succession.
- Provide routine reporting and recommendations for internal and external manufacturing management, suppliers and internal and external logistics operations that focus on achieving key corporate goals.
Knowledge Areas and Competencies:
- Bachelors Degree, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Supply Chain Management, 5 years in a key leadership role.
- Certifications in disciplines such as Inventory Management, Lean / Six Sigma, or Operational Planning preferred.
- Industry experience must include extensive EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) contract negotiations.
- International experience should include China, Vietnam, India, Brazil, and Mexico.
- Comprehensive background in leadership positions in the Supply Chain disciplines.
- Clear understanding of financial systems with demonstrated experience in cost management.
- Knowledge of MRP and Inventory Management systems as well as forecasting methodology/systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required, including macro programming within Access and Excel.
- Ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes within the business.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple teams with a collaborative/mentoring style.
- Ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the company.
Lighting Science - 16 months ago