Based in downtown Los Angeles, the Trading and Compliance systems manager will coordinate all technical activities within and interfacing with the trading and compliance systems environment. The ideal candidate will manage a global staff of technologists and work closely with senior management to allocate these resources towards both tactical and strategic activities. The candidate is viewed as an expert in applications development who undertakes complex projects requiring specialized technical knowledge. Will coordinate with stake holders to refine requirements and take a ‘hands-on’ approach to coding, testing, error remediation, documentation, training, deployment and maintenance of complex software applications.
- Development, maintenance and production support of existing trading & operational systems;
- Accountability for delivering on project objectives including developing work plans, resource plans and status reports;
- Interacting with business stakeholders and senior management to ensure project sponsorship and support, reporting project progress and identify significant issues and risks;
- Working directly with business sponsors and executive team to ensure their needs and expectations of project delivery are met and/or exceeded;
- Providing role model behavior in the support of business and technology project managers and stakeholders to manage project scope and ensure project remains on-time and on-budget;
- Preparing functional requirements, program specifications, user test plans, user documentation, and user training plans;
- Building strong working relationships across organizations and geographies. Demonstrating the ability to perform in a highly collaborative business environment;
- Ability to sustain ownership and involvement in multiple projects;
- Examining and improving business models and data flow processes;
- Designing application and technical solutions to enhance end-user efficiencies and increase productivity in their job functions;
- Assisting in the installation and overall testing of internal and vendor supplied packages;
- Working with other team members to resolve issues related to data;
- Providing formal and informal user training and general user support;
- Performing testing and problem resolution on a 24 hour basis;
- Regularly working under deadlines and may be subject to extreme workloads;
- Leading and delivering on key projects that enable our business to achieve its goals;
- Responsibility for project and quality of delivery development from approval through final implementation;
- Recommending cost effective solutions to address business challenges and opportunities;
- Ensuring best use of resources to support the organizations commitments;
- Responsibility for capacity planning of technology resources including employees, consultants and remote vendor resources;
- Monitoring and forecasting delivery team resource demand and staffing appropriately;
- Understanding resource skill set demand, based on future business needs, and providing thoughtful leadership in developing a comprehensive plan;
- Maintaining an innovative workforce that is aware of and investigates industry trends and emerging technologies;
- Understanding industry trends and planning for adoption where appropriate;
- Demonstrating a talent mindset with a proven ability to mentor and develop others. Continuously working to be become a better leader. Ensuring business strategy drives talent deployment, considered talent a shared company asset;
- Showing unwavering commitment to high ethical standards and integrity through words and actions. Acts in the best interest of our shareholders, customers, and the company. Taking personal accountability and expects the same from others; and
- Considered highly versatile, and as such, may be called upon to fulfill a variety of functions, which may be deemed necessary by management.
- Possess a willingness to help with outstanding customer service skills;
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take initiative;
- Responsible with a strong work ethic and sense of dedication;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Works well under pressure and with time constraints;
- Outstanding organization skills with high attention-to-detail;
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism; and
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information and situations with professionalism and tact.
- Bachelors degree is required. MBA is strongly desired.
- 10+ years experience in application development with 5 years in a leadership role.
- 5+ years of experience Comprehensive understanding of MS SQL Server, Transact-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Advanced understanding of .NET, C#, AJAX programming concepts.
- Advanced understanding of Web protocols and programming requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of object oriented programming and programming principles.
- 5 years supporting trading and compliance systems in asset management industry.
- Extensive experience managing global development teams.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities; is a Change Agent for the organization and the Enterprise.
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to effectively mobilize resources to achieve intended results.
- Must have prior experience managing contractors and vendors.
- Experience in systems application development, best practices and SOA.
- Experience developing in Microsoft Business Intelligence Studio.
- T-SQL with experience writing complex queries, views, UDFs, and Stored Procedures in SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 environments.
- Experience with query performance tuning and optimization.
- Experience designing databases, including tables, indexes, and keys.
- Fundamental understanding of asset management and fixed income business processes.
- Subject matter expert of OMS/TOMS features, including configuring approval workflows, Blotters, User Privileges, Reports, Stored Queries, Compliance rules, trade workflows, new security setup, Codes and Descriptions, and imports/exports.
- Identify, classify, log/track, and escalate requests, inquiries, and exceptions as needed to ensure proper awareness, prioritization, and resolution of business critical issues, including product bugs, fixes and release/version schedule.
- Interact effectively with demanding front-office and compliance business users.
- Experience leading a large-scale solution delivery organization.
- Proven ability to turn strategy into reality through superior execution.
- Proven ability to enforce architecture, governance, security, and global process standards to system changes and deployments.
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications.
- Proven ability to ensure technology is appropriately managing risk through thoughtful assessment. Uses sound judgment to make appropriate decisions and take action.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. - 14 months ago
For everyone who wants to try it before they buy it, Flexpaq Corporation offers a solution. The company manufactures samples for cosmetic,...