LPL Financial was founded with a pioneering vision–to help entrepreneurial financial advisors establish successful businesses through which they could offer truly independent financial guidance and advice. Today, as the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer, a top RIA custodian, and a leading independent consultant to retirement plans, LPL Financial is an enabling partner to more than 13,000 financial advisors and approximately 685 financial institutions. We believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. Through our proprietary technology and a suite of customized services, we enable our customers to focus on creating the personal, long-term client relationships that are the foundation for turning life’s aspirations into financial realities.
By tailoring our programs and services to the unique needs of our partners, we help them to stay focused on their core areas of expertise, while enabling them to provide outstanding service and financial advisory strategies to their clients. Being 100% committed to the success of the financial professionals we serve is what has helped LPL Financial become one of the leading diversified financial services organizations in the country, with headquarters in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
The Marketing group manages marketing, branding, conference, customer communication, and public relations activities for the company and creates solutions that drive productivity, loyalty, and growth for our customers. Specifically, the group is responsible for:
- managing our brand and corporate reputation within a complex audience ecosystem that includes customers, end investors, shareholders, the public, and the media;
- delivering comprehensive, multi-channel advertising and lead generation strategies for business development;
- providing customized marketing solutions and collateral;
- creating unique and differentiated conference experiences; and
- providing innovative and relevant social media and digital marketing strategies and solutions
The group is also charged with attracting and developing high quality talent and provides its team members with the opportunity to contribute to becoming the premier financial services marketing team.
The VP Marketing role is responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy, tactics and communications for LPL Financial’s Institution Services, Risk Management and Insurance lines of business. The incumbent will work with numerous cross-channel business units within LPL Financial to strategize, design and build compelling, marketing strategies and programs for various customer categories, including bank executives (CEOs, CMOs, etc.), program managers, full-time advisors, licensed branch employees, Insurance Associates and Risk Management team. This position reports to the SVP of Advisor/Channel Marketing.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Drive the marketing strategy development and execution of marketing programs for the Institution Services, Risk Management and Insurance lines of business.
- Create and execute marketing campaigns for various audiences, encompassing multi-distribution channels, including digital and traditional mediums.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key business partners within LPL Financial to create marketing plans across functional teams.
- Work with senior leaders across the firm to drive business unit initiatives.
- Attend and present at LPL Financial regional and national conferences.
- Work with external agencies to create, review and approve creative briefs and proposals. Ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Ensure the adoption of brand strategy and standards is reflected in all marketing communications. Help shape compelling marketing messaging in a variety of media.
- Maintain awareness of industry competitors, conferences and trends to influence strategy and content.
- Lead the enhancement of marketing capabilities, process improvements, and continuous learning that will help communications efforts.
- Manage the production of an award-winning advisor-facing magazine by coordinating with writers, designers, business units and sponsors.
- Provide marketing consultations to business units, prospects, existing programs and advisors.
- Collaborate with insurance sales force and service teams to develop strategies and tactics to meet goals
The position requires outstanding marketing strategy and program development skills, entrepreneurial thinking, team and leadership skills, a data-driven mindset, and a customer facing / executive presence. The ideal candidate will have a collaborative and results-driven working style and be able to collaborate with professionals across all levels of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced organization.
Specifically, the incumbent should have:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Marketing, Communications, or related field (MBA a plus)
- 10+ years of experience with a focus in Marketing and/or Communications within the financial services industry – familiarity with marketing to banks and credit unions a plus.
- Experience in developing campaigns for insurance, annuities and mutual fund products.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities, form marketing strategy, and measure results against established objectives
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence senior leaders and customers
- Experience collaborating with various business partners across an organization to drive change and improve business performance
- Proven success in leading teams with a diverse set of skills and in providing creative and innovative ideas and solutions to complex business issues
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach; enthusiastic and passionate; confident and assertive
- Strong people leader/management experience with a proven ability to lead a team
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) with ability to present materials to the highest levels in an organization
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative, and a desire to roll up sleeves and dig into the depths of the business
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Applicant Tracking Software