WHO WE ARE
ORC International is a global provider of customized research and analysis designed to help companies make more informed decisions on customers, markets, technologies, employees and products. We have a unique ability to integrate primary research, secondary research, strategic intelligence, expert insight, and social analytics tools to solve our clients’ most challenging business issues.
Our multidimensional approach to research allows us to source, synthesize and analyze data in innovative ways and provide strategic insight to companies across a broad range of industries. Our industry expertise includes: Financial Services, Information Technology & Telecommunications, Healthcare, Consumer, Industrial, Public Services, and Advertising/Professional Services.
ORC International has offices across the US, Europe and the Asia Pacific region. Additionally, the company is proud to be an official partner of CNN, the most trusted name in news, on the CNN/ORC International Poll.
At ORC International, we pride ourselves on attracting the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. At ORC International, you’ll be surrounded by creative and forward-thinking colleagues who embody the mission and values the company has set forth:
At ORC International, we encourage and reward creativity, open-mindedness, fresh thinking and a blend of diverse and complementary perspectives. We recruit from a variety of backgrounds in and outside of the market research sector, and select people on the basis of their excellent interpersonal skills, technical expertise, commercial awareness, enthusiasm, self-motivation and desire to build a successful career.
- We are focused on our clients’ success and search for innovative ways to address their challenges.
- We value our colleagues and help each other succeed.
- We act with integrity and strive for excellence.
- We communicate openly and honestly and treat each other with mutual respect.
- We embrace change and are committed to the company’s success.
Our people are critical to our success and we focus attention on ensuring that they have fulfilling and interesting careers with us. We are committed to developing and nurturing our staff and encourage our employees to flourish in this open, opportunity-rich environment and create wide career paths across all of our businesses. With ORC International, you are not only making the choice to have a fulfilling career full of excitement and reward, but to have a career full of endless opportunities for development and growth.
Working at ORC you will be working with a group of dedicated, bright and energetic people. We are focused on our clients, but also ensure that our own work environment is supportive, enriching and fun! We offer competitive salaries and rich benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, Community Volunteer days, seasonal outings and more.
ORC International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V.
ORC International has an exciting opportunity for a Vice President – Market Research in our Chicago Client Service Center. We’ve moved to a brand new office in downtown Chicago, and are excited to have smart, hard-working professionals come and work with us!
In this position, you will have overall responsibility for the management and development of key accounts, including client consultation, proposal development, project design, project oversight and analysis/reporting/presentation—leading to the presentation of actionable business outcomes for the client. This position will be accountable for developing and deepening relationships with existing accounts and supporting new business development opportunities. This position has substantial client contact of a strategic nature and also will require in-house consultation with colleagues on research design and analysis.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Participating and/or leading early discussions with the client to clarify needs and specifications
Translating those discussions into meaningful and relevant proposals
Creating a research design that leverages ORC experience and expertise to yield insightful, actionable outcomes
Prepare cost-effective budgets that accurately reflect the estimated work effort with a clear understanding of the necessary pricing strategy
- Lead discussions and prepare materials for new business opportunities to learn about the prospects’ business and their needs, as well as to introduce them to ORC - our experience, expertise and ways in which we can help them
- Work with clients to uncover opportunities and develop insightful, differentiated proposals that clearly and succinctly articulate the value we have to offer in the context of the clients’ needs by:
- Conduct client meetings and assume the role of senior client consultant and advocate
- Manage and execute on the overall research design including, but not limited to: sample plan, questionnaire development, fielding, processing of results, analyses, reports and presentations
- Manage project costs by identifying potential financial problems and assisting in development and implementation of corrective action
- Prepare and deliver well-organized and insightful reports and presentations
- Integrate multiple streams of information to created solutions-orientated reports and presentations
- Actively train and mentor mid-level and junior staff on research design and business issue consultation
- Ability to direct and supervise all aspects of client account management and associated research projects
- Ability to manage custom ad hoc projects, as well as large-scale programs.
- Strong team orientation and ability to work cooperatively at all levels at ORC and at client organizations, including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to perform high-level analysis and to manage complex data processing projects
- Establish and maintain positive and effective business relationships with internal and external contacts
- Broad experience across multiple business issues: customer loyalty, market segmentation, market sizing, product development
- Broad experience across business sectors: healthcare, health insurance, financial services, consumer services/CPG, technology & telecom, and industrial
- Capable of handling difficult client situations in a tactful and professional manner
- Strong analytical thought and problem-solving skills
- Strong synthesis skills - drawing on multiple sources of information for insights that deeply resonate with clients
- Conversant in market research methodologies, research and social analytics, secondary sourcing, and competitive intelligence to generate business insights
- Outstanding leadership capabilities
- Outstanding organizational and time management abilities
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Eight to 10 years of professional market research experience is required.
- Deep and proven experience with advanced design and analysis a must.
- Demonstrates experience and orientation for building relationships with existing clients as well as internal staff required.
- Demonstrates experience running customer trackings
- Demonstrates experience in creating and increasing a book of business
ORC International is a global provider of customized research and analysis designed to help companies make more informed decisions on...