Published Job Title: Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions
Published Division/Department: Corporate Finance/Accounting
Requisition #: 5403
Country: United States
Percentage of Travel: 30% - 40%
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Shift: 1st Shift
Interest Category: Finance
The VP, Mergers & Acquisition will play an important role in executing HMH's business development strategy in the education sector and providing merger and advisory services across all verticals (technology, curriculum, products and services). Will identify worthy ventures that fill market needs in the education space and promote student achievement. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively across all business verticals in support and identification of emerging education initiatives and programs, reviewing potential merger/acquisition and business development opportunities with the goal of bringing to market and spurring adoption of innovative solutions that can play a critical role in transforming education.
Position may be located in Boston or New York.
- Identify potential deals and develop tactics and bring together internal teams needed to bring deals to fruition. Develops financial models and performs evaluations of targeted companies.
- Spearhead business development and M&A initiatives that are consistent with Company's overall strategy
- Works with business units and external advisors to evaluate and conduct complex financial and risk analyses of business opportunities.
- Conducts market, industry, and company research.
- Manage multiple business initiatives in fast paced environment
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with legal counsel as required
- Able to analyze complex market and competitive information across multiple business, anticipate market trends and customer needs and transform analysis into action for investment, acquisition, and divestiture
Depending upon the activity and project portfolio, the candidate should be capable to travel extensively.
- Finance or Accounting degree (MBA a plus)
- Experience in technology sector and have strong technology skills
- Possesses a solid understanding of Company's markets, products, players, and technologies.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in finance related valuation and a proven M&A track record including successful, complex negotiations.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, strategic, and communication skills
- Team player and consensus builder
- Well organized with a strong sense of urgency.
HMH is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v and member of e-verify.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt - 2 years ago
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a global learning company with the mission of changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious...