To satisfy the needs of our growing client base, Hamilton Lane is looking to hire a Vice President for its co-investment team to work in its Fort Lauderdale, Florida office. The Vice President will be primarily responsible for evaluating mezzanine debt and mezzanine-related investments in Florida-based companies. These investments will be done primarily as co-investments alongside private equity sponsors. Hamilton Lane is currently managing over $2 billion in co-investment capital.
Essential Job Functions:
• Lead evaluation of financial and business due diligence to determine risk /reward profiles of mezzanine investment opportunities
• Present mezzanine investment opportunities to the firm’s investment committee
• Oversee creation and assessment of complex financial models
• Oversee preparation of investment memoranda
• Source mezzanine investment opportunities from the small business community in Florida and from the private equity general partner community
• Monitor existing investments by analyzing and reporting on portfolio companies financial results
• Supervise and develop junior investment professionals
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in financial services, including accounting and corporate finance, with particular emphasis on mezzanine investment experience
• Direct experience underwriting debt and fixed income securities, including as a bank lender and/or loan underwriter is a plus
• Outstanding academic record
• Significant experience performing complex financial analysis, modeling, and company valuations, including discounted cash flow and comparable company analyses
• In-depth knowledge of transaction structuring and related legal issues
• Ability to conduct industry research, articulate opinions and present clear and concise memoranda on investment opportunities
• Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong interest and commitment to private equity investing
• Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
• Willingness to work 50+ hours / week, occasionally on weekends, and travel 15+% of time
• A team-oriented approach and an ability to interact productively within a diverse small company environment
We offer a competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Paid Time Off, 401k plan, Life and Disability Insurances, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Club Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Hamilton Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a registered investment adviser, employees of Hamilton Lane may be subject to certain limitations on political contribution and personal investment activities.
Hamilton Lane is a private equity management firm whose specialised products include funds-of-funds, secondary funds, co-investment funds,...