(NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 20 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
The Vice President, Operations is responsible for managing all operations related to manufacturing, materials, facilities, distribution, engineering and maintenance to ensure smooth, continuous, cost effective and controlled manufacture of products in support of the business' forecasts and inventory goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Top level strategic planning of the Company’s Operations Activities;
- Develop and maintain Operations Objectives and strategies to meet or exceed Goals;
- Create and maintain world-class manufacturing for ultimate quality, and low cost;
- Develop and execute COGS reduction plan to meet or exceed Company’s margin targets;
- Maintain manufacturing capacities to always stay ahead of the demand;
- Create and maintain manufacturing disaster recovery plan;
- Develop and execute supply chain management strategies to ensure on-time delivery of parts with highest quality and lowest cost;
- Manage inventory levels to meet Company’s inventory turns target while achieving on-time shipment targets;
- Manage multiple projects to successfully transition products to manufacturing;
- Develop and execute plans to meet or exceed manufacturing yield targets;
- Interface with senior level managers, peers and direct reports, to maintain mutual understanding of product design needs, regulatory, and production requirements;
- Understand FDA Regulations, ISO-13485, ISO-9001, European Medical Device Directives (MDD), Canadian Medical Device Regulations (CMDR), and Japanese Regulations (J-GMP);
- Direct, plan, delegate and manage department budget and staff including:
- Hire, promote, demote, reclassify or terminate employees
- Write and conduct performance appraisals and disciplinary actions plans
- Make salary decisions (pay increases or new hire offers)
- Create training and employee development plans
- Handle all departmental employee relations issues
- Performs special projects as requested.
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Twelve or more years of high level Operations management;
- Excellent strategic planning and organization skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- A mature thinking and acting executive with good common sense and judgment, and a broad business perspective with outstanding administrative capabilities to build, motivate, and manage the Company through rapid sales growth;
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving ability;
- Must be a self-starter; a “hands-on” individual who enjoys a challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done;
- The ability to effectively interface with other Executives in the Company and work collaboratively to achieve Company goals;
- Comfortable in high visibility situations and exhibits strong self-confidence;
- Must be PC literate, have excellent organizational and communication skills;
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, is required.
Physical requirements/Work Environment
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel is necessary, so the ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required.
The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more!
Masimo is proud to be an EOE, M/F/D/V, and we value and are committed to Diversity at every level.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE*** Thank you!
Masimo - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
As important as the blood running through your veins is the oxygen it carries. Masimo knows that and makes tools that monitor arterial...