Vice President, Orthopaedic Service Line
Department: Corporate Services
The Orthopaedic Service Line VP will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the orthopaedic service lines operating within the Baltimore based MedStar Health system. The VP will report to the Executive Vice President of Operations Baltimore Region and the respective President sponsoring the service line. There is a matrix reporting relationship with all the hospital president’s in the Baltimore division of MedStar Health. The position shall serve as staff to the regional Governance and Clinical Councils. The position will also collaborate and support other members of the orthopaedic service lines.
Duties of VP:
- Develops, coordinates and supports strategic and operational plans for the Orthopaedic Service Lines.
- Facilitates positive working relationships that result in meaningful collaboration between physicians and departments to support the Health System.
- Develops strategies to implement new services and emerging treatment options as well as determining the clinical and financial impacts.
- Participate in the actual oversight of all cost centers associated with the Orthopaedic Service Lines including budgeting, budget variance, conduct opportunity analysis, and developing cost variance plans.
- Will cultivate and support collegial and effective relationships with referral sources including primary care physicians and other groups who have the ability to refer patients to the service line.
- Demonstrate business, financial and clinical acumen in leading the orthopaedic service line, including updating the various stakeholders on the progress and achievement of the orthopaedic goals.
- Will strive for performance improvement with a goal of optimizing patient access, clinical outcomes, positive patient and family experience and sound financial results.
- Will develop education and research programs to support the goal of becoming a recognized leader in clinical outcomes.
- Will coordinate outreach, administrative and technical functions with MedStar Medical Group practice administrators to maximize referrals back to the Orthopaedic Service Lines.
- Develops, establishes and implements goals, objectives, policies and procedures to support and guide the orthopaedic service lines.
- Understand the changing health care environment and champion programs and develop strategic improvements to assure that MedStar will achieve and retain the prominence of being an orthopaedic leader.
- Helps to coordinate and integrate services with lines and continuously evaluates and re-evaluates best practices from within and outside the MedStar system.
- Will help in supporting and making recommendations for provider and staffing levels.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Provides outstanding service to all internal and external customers; fosters teamwork; and service line/practice innovation.
Facility Location: MedStar Harbor Hospital
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration, preferred
- A Business degree with 5-10 years experience including prior experience in managing an Orthopaedic Practice
Medstar Health - 19 months ago