Posted positions may close at any time. Please apply today if you are interested in this position. Once this posting is closed applications will no longer be accepted.
This position is accountable for the procurement, management, costing, distribution, and integrity of all produce items; overseeing and directing all aspects of Produce product sales development and procurement for WinCo Foods.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in produce quality assurance policy and procedure development and implementation in compliance with Federal, State and local regulatory requirements, through interaction with corporate, retail store, and warehousing/transportation departments. Establish goals, monitor progress and achievements.
- Develop innovative cost efficient methods for selecting, ordering and improving purchasing produce throughout retail, warehouse and distribution systems.
- Provide leadership and supervision to produce personnel. Apply continuous improvement processes to enhance work flow, improve job skills, and individual knowledge of produce to achieve company objectives.
- Analyze and monitor sales records, trends and economic conditions to anticipate customer buying patterns and determine what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed.
- Set weekly ad items, select companywide promotions and oversee division pricing.
- Control and maintain targeted level of labor costs, gross margins (store level and distribution centers) capital expenditures and sales.
- Plan and organize departmental meetings using effective public speaking skills.
- Strategic business forecasting, identify competitive advantages, changes in technology trends, changes in markets to meet the customer demand and company goals.
- Meet with vendors and suppliers to negotiate cost and select new items.
- Manage division supervisors and buyers to provide leadership, coaching and set goals.
- D evelop and manage the training for the Produce Manager in Training (MIT) program.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Wholesale Produce, Business Administration, or closely related field OR equivalent education, training and/or experience demonstrating considerable knowledge of wholesale deli operations.
- 3 years experience establishing and implementing Produce training programs.
- Divisional Supervisor, Director or Vice President of Produce Operations for a chain of 50 stores or more.
- 5 years experience applying knowledge of food safety, recall procedures and sanitation.
- 5 years experience verifying compliance with FDA Food Code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and other requirements including conducting visual inspections and creating reports to address issues, obtain and maintain all necessary licensing /certification.
- Demonstrating strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) software.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Be available to respond to calls on urgent matters involving food safety including after business hours, on weekends and holidays.
- Write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings.
Preferred Education, Experience and/or Credentials:
- Acceptable Department of Motor Vehicles driving record
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary within each store.
- 10 years experience working in retail produce
- Supply chain management degree.
- Combination of warehouse and retail experience
- Strong business acumen.
WinCo Foods - 17 months ago
WinCo Foods isn't just big on self-service -- it's giant. Inside the immense stores (average size is 92,000 sq. ft.) of this...