Vice President, Product Management
Datacard Group is building on a 40-year heritage of innovation and customer success.
Our portfolio of solutions, backed by expert service and support, enable card and secure ID programs for financial, government and other markets worldwide. With an unmatched commitment to customer satisfaction, Datacard® remains the industry’s leading brand of secure ID and card personalization solutions.
The Vice President, Product Management brings a disciplined, business oriented approach to product planning and management of the assigned products to achieve business performance objectives.
This role is responsible for the entire life cycle of the assigned product family from product/service offering ideation to road map development and product promotion to achieve revenue, margin and share goals.
The Vice President, Product Management p
rovides strong organization leadership to the assigned product management team including hiring, developing and retaining talent to ensure delivery to goals and objectives.
This individual will perform the accountabilities detailed below and as well as other responsibilities as assigned.
- Defines and articulates the vision, strategies and life-cycle plans for the assigned product families with Vertical Market considerations
- Develops and successfully executes on product road maps that effectively serves a diverse set of global market needs and internal and external stakeholders
- Creates business plans that define and justify the product investment, revenue and ROI opportunity of new and existing programs
- Provides recommendations on market opportunities, product performance and investment requirements to facilitate business planning and decision making
- Partners with other marketing functions in the creation and oversight of sales tools, product datasheets and other marketing collateral, product positioning and messaging, and impactful promotional plans for both Datacard channel partners and end users
- Provides field marketing support for customer visits, user group meetings, distributor meetings, product councils and trade shows/events
- Works closely with the Vertical marketing, Sales, and the Engineering organizations, as well as with customers, to identify creative ideas and define key areas for potential product improvement and new products
- Provides product pricing, price adjustments and issuance of price books; performs competitive pricing analysis
- Oversees the preparation and delivery of sales training
- Establishes robust VOC and product planning and management methodologies that deliver innovative solutions to the market
- Develops a deep understanding of issues and trends in the assigned product segment.
Performs market analysis identifying and segmenting key customer groups, perform competitive research, analyze industry and technology trends and incorporates these into product plans that optimize the tradeoffs between market opportunities, product content, and product timing
- Performs “make versus buy” alternative analyses (researching and developing OEM product relationships as an alternative to internal development)
- Performs technical assessments of competitive product solutions
- Analyzes market trends (e.g. market price points, volumes, competitive dynamics and market share) and drives data driven business solutions
- Establishes and ensures effective corporate and channel partner relationships in order to leverage key resources for supporting and growing the business
- Builds and develops a strong, high performing team.
In partnership with Human Resources, implements effective talent planning for determining segment marketing needs.
Talent planning includes evaluating current and future needs for hiring, developing or restructuring positions for organizational effectiveness.
- Leads through the demonstration of Datacard’s values; ensures the assigned product management organization operates efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience, 6+ within product management/ marketing in a global B2B environment
- Experience marketing into a least one of the following market segments:
government, education, corporate, retail, healthcare, telecommunications, transportation or financial
- Demonstrated results establishing a product vision and roadmaps that lead to successful product growth and profitability
- Ability to collaborate effectively with engineering, marketing colleagues, sales, customers and channel partners
success in driving and delivering strong organizational results
in a high growth and profit oriented organization
- Direct team leadership experience including
evaluating, hiring and developing talent
- Demonstrated success in effectively communicating at all levels of an organization
- Excellent executive level communications skills, including professionally written publications and presentations
At least 20%, some international
- MBA degree
- Experience with indirect channel models and working with a distribution network and partners
- Strong understanding of new product development processes
Datacard Group is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
NO AGENCIES, NO RELOCATION
Datacard Group - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
DataCard has a full deck of financial and identification products. The company, which does business as DataCard Group, offers card printers,...