Vice President, Program Planning (National Geographic Channel)
Responsible for Programming Strategy and Scheduling for the National Geographic Channel. Develops and manages 120+ million dollar programming budget. Direct all interdepartmental communication with Ad Sales, Marketing, Research, Production and Business Affairs. Manage Scheduling and Budget teams.
- Direct Channel Programming Strategy – Create short and long term vision and goals for channel programming.
- Drive conversations about direction of program schedule and guide direction of the Development department to fill programming needs.
- Work with Research to determine what programming is working and why and educating the Programming and Production teams.
- Oversee creation of program schedule for NGC and for maximum ratings and ad sales benefit. Meet quarterly and upfront scheduling deadlines.
- Manage $120+ million programming budget and department overhead budget, meeting bottom line goals on cash and expense.
- Establish amortization schedules for premiere programming.
- Confirm with finance and execute on-going changes as premiere dates change.
- Work with production and production management to monitor and approve changes to production schedules and track premiere programming hours.
- Manage all interdepartmental communication with Ad Sales, Marketing, Research, Production and Business Affairs, including quarterly ad sales presentations and quarterly ratings reviews with Production and Programming teams.
- Manage Programming and Budget Teams.
- Bachelor’s required, MBA desired, but not required.
- 12-18 years experience in program scheduling, strategy for a major cable or broadcast entertainment network
National Geographic Channel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Shop, watch, and explore at FoxConnect - The Official site for 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. Featuring Blu-ray & DVD movies and...