Vice President, Programs
Are you a recognized, on-the-rise leader in international humanitarian relief and development programming? Do you have a passion for working toward the alleviation of poverty and injustice in the developing world? Do you desire to have significant, measureable, and sustained impact on the world’s most marginalized and vulnerable people?
Medical Teams International is a Christian Global Health Relief and Development organization with a 33-year history of responding to natural and man-made disasters, implementing community health development programs, providing medical and health services and supplies, and delivering preventative and emergent dental care to people in great need. We do this with great energy and passion and always with our mission squarely in view: to demonstrate the love of Christ to people affected by disaster, conflict, and poverty.
We are looking for a new Vice President of Programs to lead our team of dedicated staff, volunteers, and partners. The current Vice President is retiring after 13 years at Medical Teams International, and we are seeking his replacement - an inspiring, intelligent, and capable leader with demonstrated experience delivering high impact global health relief and development programming.
The Vice President of Programs reports directly to the President and CEO, is a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, and leads a team of over 400 domestic, expatriate, and national program staff. The ideal candidate will, at a minimum, have a Master’s degree in a related field, demonstrated depth in global health relief and development programming, and he or she will have significant breadth of experience in the areas of organization development/management, strategic planning, resource acquisition, and financial management/budgeting.
Based in Portland, Oregon the Vice President of Programs will be responsible to:
Personal and Professional Qualities
- Lead global programs, guide the development and management of quality programs in health-related competencies
- Manage the organization’s response to overseas and U.S. disasters
- Collaborate and network effectively with major institutional donors, foundations, international and in-country partners to conceptualize and implement innovative programs
- Recruit, supervise, develop, and evaluate program department leadership
The successful candidate will be a person who possesses the following qualities:
- High degree of personal integrity and faith
- An experienced strategic leader in global health
- Motivational and inspiring communicator
- A minimum of 15 years of international health programming experience
- Proven, successful experience in resource acquisition and implementation of institutionally funded programs (especially U.S. government grants)
- Willing and able to travel in the U.S. and overseas up to three months a year for periodsof 2 –3 weeks at a time
- Commitment to Medical Teams International mission, vision and values
Does this sound like you
? Want to learn more?
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates must complete an acceptable Background Check as part of the hiring process with Medical Teams International
We are a Christian global health organization that empowers communities to live full and healthy lives. We work with grassroots...