Vice President, Quality Control (Data)
Come join us! Rentrak is an information management company serving clients in the entertainment, media, retail, and advertising industries. If you're sharp, hard working, and enjoy a cooperative work environment, we're offering a place where you can work alongside talented peers working on interesting, dynamic and fun projects. We're a small enough company that you can make a big difference here, but we're big enough to reach a national audience.
We are currently seeking a Vice President of Quality Control to add to our growing company of talented team members.
The main objective of the Vice President, Quality Control is to ensure that every number Rentrak issues in syndicated data sets is based on sound and understood data, has been accurately processed through Rentrak's systems, and has marketplace validity. This position is crucial to the development and maintenance of Rentrak’s core product offerings. The Vice President will develop, implement and manage quality control systems across the organization in order to produce reliable and accurate data for our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Enhance and further IT operator data checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all initial data processing.
- Enhance and further automate review of processed data checks from OPS to ensure the accuracy, trendability and completeness of all processed data for user systems and third party processors.
- Work with IT to facilitate the development of a live staging site so processed data checks can be completed and reviewed prior to display on client facing sites.
- Work with MRC audit team (outside, industry “watchdog” media research auditors) to help develop/apply auditors’ recommended quality improvements in a timely manner.
- Partner with IT's SCM & Automation and QA teams to apply best practice controls to data files used for processing, program versioning, program versioning approval process, and data file outputs.
- Collaborate with Research’s Applied and Methodological teams as well as the Analytical Solutions group to ensure that every change to syndicated numbers in the system accurately reflects the correct methodology and is free from "bugs."
- Coordinate with IT, Product and Research to ensure that every new station, market and network added to sales demo has accurate data, including coverage, and that the additions accurately reflect the methodology, are free from "bugs".
- Develop impact statement analyses for any process change that develops or identifies a marketplace impact. Marketplace impact is defined as a change in a key metric that would cause a client or competitors to have a significant leverage opportunity that did not exist before.
Rentrak headquarters are located in beautiful Portland, Oregon, near scenic mountains, beaches, and rivers. Our office has convenient access to public transportation and the freeway.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in working with ISO9000 quality management as applied to data. Implementation experience preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in a management role. Previous experience building a team highly preferred.
- 6 Sigma Certification (Black Belt certification highly preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years experience with large data sets such as those from on-line data management companies, ad-server logs, banks, creditor-credit institution is required.
- Demonstrated ability to look at data and identify patterns and establish rules for detecting problems.
- Experience with developing and documenting procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of data mining and software applications.
- Ability to distill solutions into clear and implementable rules.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate standards in written and verbal presentations with software developers, research analysts, operations staff and product managers.
- Demonstrated experience working well across teams.
- Experience in or knowledge of the TV, Radio, Digital or Print ratings business is required.
- Preference is for the position to be based in Portland, Oregon; however candidates with flexibility to travel will be considered.
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
Rentrak participates in eVerify. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
*No recruiters or agencies please.
Rentrak Corporation - 8 months ago