System level Leader responsible for revenue cycle operations throughout the National Health Ministry using consultative, persuasion, direct leadership and centralized management methods. Revenue Cycle management is evolving throughout the Ascension Health System, and this position is expected to identify how best to use system-wide resources at the central and/or local levels.
Frequent conference calls and travel.
- All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
- Directs, manages and implements programs and strategies to ensure efficient operations of Ascension Health’s revenue cycle in order to generate sufficient cash flow to support Ascension Health’s operations and strategic initiatives.
- Provides strategic thought leadership, knowledge transfer, project management, facilitation, analytical support and communications, depending upon the nature of the initiative. Occasionally is called upon to provide and direct local tactical revenue cycle operational support to Health Ministries.
- Coordinates and directs internal staff, Health Ministry CFO leaders and external resources, such as consultants and subject matter experts, in order to meet the specific objectives and time tables for identified revenue cycle initiatives and related strategies.
- Defines and implements long term strategies to create revenue cycle operating scale and/or to position the organization to react and manage more quickly and effectively to future payment and collection challenges.
- Collaborates with executive leadership in Clinical Excellence, Corporate Compliance, Information Technology, Managed Care, Resource and Supply Chain Management, Legal, Strategic Development, Finance and Ascension Health Alliance tier one subsidiaries on projects and initiatives that have revenue cycle related implications for the System.
- Accountable for negotiating, managing and monitoring all system level revenue cycle and managed care third party contracts and strategic vendor relationships.
- Manage relationship with Accretive Health, Ascension Health’s outsourced revenue solution, including staffing Joint Review Board, leading Steering Committee, work with Health Ministry leadership and Accretive teams to resolve operational, compliance and financial issues, oversee contract compliance and strategize with the outsource partner to determine best ways to optimize performance.
- For those locations not managed by Accretive, this leader is responsible for organizing singular revenue cycle solutions to optimize performance and compliance. This work is expected to include managing disparate outside vendors in use, determining performance gaps, developing and monitoring leading and lagging performance metrics.
- Partner with IT to determine long-term revenue cycle infrastructure requirements and solutions
- Lead Health Ministries in development of 5 year integrated strategic operational and financial plan for revenue cycle to include minimum, target and stretch goals.
- Prepare internal or external readiness teams that can assist local Health Ministries when experiencing turnover or other revenue distress.
- Develop and implement centralized revenue cycle solutions where value propositions indicate revenue or cost improvement opportunities.
- Promotes and exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
- Other duties as assigned.
Promotes and practices the Ascension Health Mission Values; Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- B.A or B.S degree required. A Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration or related field desired.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience with a track record of progressively responsible positions in a complex healthcare related organization such as multi-hospital system or a major healthcare consulting firm preferred.
- Broad understanding and experience within acute care hospital and physician practice operations.
- Demonstrated progression in experience and responsibility in revenue cycle operations, healthcare operations or finance and accounting role(s) with a track record of leading complex projects to successful completion.
- Strong working knowledge of managed care contracting strategies, billing and collection processes and functions, patient access and general revenue cycle management strategies and industry best practices.
- Experience within a centralized business office (CBO) environment processing hospital and professional fee claims very desirable.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning abilities.
- Ability to lead both through influence and direct authority.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively communicate and lead a broad range of audiences.
Ascension Health - 15 months ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...