This senior level position is responsible for the management and delivery of the application and process portfolio to one or more lines of business across CBS enterprise-wide. This position drives the continued evolution, operation, and support of business processes and enabling applications to ensure effective and efficient achievement of business objectives.
The position is responsible for orchestrating business transformation efforts, bridging processes and systems throughout the organization. Scope of work includes processes/systems program management, the development and sustainment of a processes/systems integration strategy and plan, and project leadership on major processes/systems efforts, including the development of project scope and expectations, and the coordination of resources from multiple internal and external sources.
* Define and meet service level requirements.
* Reduce the cost of delivering application services.
* Develop and execute plans and strategies in close collaboration with business teams. Ensure alignment of information systems plans with business strategies. Translate business plans and strategies into concrete programs for solution delivery, enhancement, and support.
* Instantiate IT governance, including the regular development and presentation of a comprehensive deck that presents the result of IT operations and plans to the IT Steering Committee.
* Work with business partners to define the business case for a project, and demonstrate that the IT investment will yield that value.
* Lead a solution delivery team in planning, building, operating, enhancing, and sustaining the portfolio of business applications and processes for one or more designated lines of business.
* Deliver projects on time and on budget. Oversee activities for all assigned projects from planning to delivery, and sustain support to ensure that projects meet established business objectives, time and budget constraints, and standards of technical quality.
* Lead and facilitate business/technical workshops for requirements gathering, gap analysis, functional/technical design and systems implementation.
* Manage and act on potential risks/issues, and provide proposals for solutions to senior management as needed.
* Stay abreast of technology advances and industry best practices where pertinent to the application and process portfolios, and drive adoption where appropriate.
* Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with customers, vendors and other subject matter experts.
* Manage tasks across teams that often involve innovative technologies and applications, dissimilar systems and databases, and highly complex system integration and linkages.
* Manage integration of heterogeneous systems and applications to ensure business information is consistent across the application landscape and is available when and where needed.
* Develop and implement plans for feasibility assessment, requirements specification, design, metrics and performance measures.
* Identify functionality gaps and instruct team to develop solutions to them.
* Define, monitor and manage key service delivery metrics.
* Supervise the service delivery team’s training and education program to ensure that training on required skills, at the required levels of proficiency, are available to ensure effective and timely support of the evolving application and process portfolios.
* Responsible for team of up to 20 resources; both employees and consultants:
- For employee resources: determines workload, delegates, promotes career development, and evaluates performance, skill growth, competency growth, performance goals.
- For consultants and other resources: manages tasks, workloads, tracks hours and overtime.
* Budget responsibilities of $5 million; with managerial scope across the United States. Some travel (up to 25%) to Los Angeles or other areas of the U.S. may be necessary.
* At least 15 years of progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing complex enterprise technology systems.
* A minimum of eight (8) years of managerial experience with demonstrated success in an executive leadership role.
* Experience in application/system design, development, and deployment, including at least two (2) full lifecycle software implementations; managing multiple teams.
* Experience working with clients to understand and document requirements as well as map requirements to standard functionality.
* Track record of developing high-quality, complex software in a team-programming environment.
* The ability to break down complex processes into manageable components with well-defined interfaces.
* The ability to plan high level implementation strategy, to judge difficulty level, and to predict expected completion times for specific tasks.
* The ability to define technical roles needed to effectively deliver a solution.
* Experience providing technology subject matter expertise for proposal activities, client presentations, and round tables.
* Experience identifying client business needs, and translating them into innovative technical solutions.
* Experience as a Project Leader on full life-cycle systems and application development projects.
* Extensive project management experience and skills.
* Actively drive and frontier business solution alternatives.
* Strong consultative, influencing and strategic thinking ability.
* Attention to detail.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong relationship-building skills.
* The ability to work well in a team environment.
* The ability to write succinctly and make effective presentations to large groups, including senior executives.
* Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline.
Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Minimum Education Level
CBS Corporation - 18 months ago