Our client is the global leader offering strategic consulting solutions and professional training programs serving diverse clients ranging from multi-national corporations to government agencies. As part of a strategic growth initiative, our client is continuing to expand its global reach. Over the last three months, the commercial business unit has undertaken a full-scale analysis of the business in order to inform the next phase of growth.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates for a newly created vice-president level sales leadership position with a strategic account/vertical market focus. This position has been developed after extensive internal and external research was conducted to gain an understanding of the what has made our clients business successful up to this point as well as what needs to be the focus going forward. This new role represents an exciting opportunity for a proven business leader to foster sales growth and scalability by successfully targeting and building C-level relationships within target vertical markets including: Financial Services, Energy & Oil, Pharma/Healthcare, and Manufacturing. Successful candidates will have sales leadership and managerial experience combined with a proven track record of developing and deploying successful and profitable growth strategies in a vertically focused platform. We are looking for a proven professional who has industry-specific expertise in at least one of the aforementioned verticals. The position will assume responsibility for the development and management of the sales team, together with direct oversight for one of the four targeted verticals. The ideal candidate will lead and promote the organizational shift toward a vertical market focus by recruiting, mentoring, and growing high performing dedicated sales teams through sales planning guidance, business development, and account management functions. This is a highly visible and collaborative role and will require strong thought leadership and the ability to coordinate closely with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Develop and mentor a team of industry-specific sales teams within target verticals
- Be accountable for specific growth and profit objectives, as well as actively manage the performance of one of the target verticals (ideally Financial Services or Pharma/Healthcare, but deep expertise in Manufacturing and Energy/Oil will be well-received)
- Develop industry-specific customer acquisition and retention strategies to grow revenue
- Collaborate with company and business unit leaders and teams including Product Development, Marketing, Enterprise Sales and Client Delivery, among others to establish priorities for future growth initiatives
- Articulate the companys industry-specific value proposition through extensive executive-level relationship management and business development expertise
- Develop and expand relationships with key industry partners to grow awareness and brand recognition and differentiate our clients value proposition
- Actively advocate and differentiate the companys value proposition in the marketplace through a strong and public presence at industry events and through further development of executive-level relationships
- Execute against the target vertical markets in uncovering, developing and closing new opportunities and collaborate with sales professionals, Finance, Operations to ensure quality and financially responsible deals
- Forecast, regularly and accurately, the expected performance of the sales team
- Lead the on-going development of industry-leading consultative sales and account management practices and reinforce a culture with a strong emphasis on pay for performance
- B.A. required; MBA preferred
- 15+ years of B2B sales experience + prior substantive sales leadership experience
- Targeted experience includes software sales (SaaS, Financial Services, HIMMS), professional services, consulting, or similar
- Formal Sales Training & Professional Development
- 15+ years of national and global sales experience within a target vertical
- 15+ years of direct experience in targeting, developing and maintaining C-level enterprise relationships and proven sales success at the highest level
- Experience developing strong client relationships and navigating complex environments in Global 1000 companies
- Prior to sales leadership roles, experience selling to, or within, one of the vertical markets
- Understand marketing, selling and delivery of consultative services
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrate strong client facing capabilities, strong influencer and negotiation skills; must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and be able to create structured in unstructured environments
The salary range stated in this job posting represents the on target earnings (OTE) for this position. More details about the base salary and variable component of the compensation will be communicated during the interview process.
The Sales Zone was founded in March of 2000. Since that time, we have remained committed to finding customer-facing talent in the areas of...