Reporting to the VP, Operations, this newly created position of VP Supply Chain will have overall responsibility for Safariland’s Supply Chain organization including global sourcing, purchasing, planning, and logistics. This position can be based in Ontario, California or Jacksonville, Florida. Specific responsibilities will include:
· Lead the development and deployment of global supply chain strategy
· Develop capabilities to support supply chain performance over a multi-year horizon: processes, infrastructure, and key enablers
· Monitor supply chain performance, including the achievement of operational goals, financial goals, and commercial service levels
· Develop a comprehensive make versus source strategy for the business; including payback, operational challenges, and risk assessment
· Lead Supply Chain activities as they relate to due diligence and integration implementation of business acquisitions
· Recommend and implement tools to drive continuous process improvements in on-time delivery, cost savings, inventory reduction, and quality improvement.
· Implement and maintain purchasing and logistics best practices, including technology advances, policies and procedures
· Research and develop relationships with freight forwarders and brokers. In coordination with them optimize logistics costs
· Partner with the Quality Assurance team to implement an effective SQA program
· Contribute to annual 5% reduction in total supply chain cost
Candidates for the role will be operationally focused, with previous experience in Corporate or divisional VP and/or Director roles. Specific qualifications for this position include:
· University degree in Supply Chain Management/Engineering/Management Science or related field (APICS designation preferred)
· 10 + years of supply chain management experience in progressively more senior positions
· Demonstrated ability to manage cost performance, supply/demand forecasting and distribution execution across a variety of product lines from multiple sources.
· In depth knowledge of key supply chain/manufacturing/logistics processes and current best practices
· Exceptionally strong problem solving and negotiating skills
Experience working in companies with manufacturing operations is required. A track record of having worked in a business undergoing rapid growth and consequent system and process change is helpful. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a level of grit and tenacity.
The selected candidate will have the ability to quickly establish credibility across the organization and engage others to ensure the most effective, efficient logistics solutions for the varied business units.
Finally, the executive must understand that this is a high-energy, fast-paced, roll-up-the-sleeves type of environment: he/she should be ready to dive into details where necessary to move the business forward, but also be able to step back and take a higher level strategic view of the business and potential areas of opportunity for sustainable growth/value creation.
Safariland is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Safariland - 14 months ago
For more than 25 years, Safariland Armorwear has consistently produced the most technologically advanced bullet-resistant products for law...