The VP & Director of Compliance (CO) will serve as a source of information for Seedco contracts, policies and procedures, and internal and external controls to help Seedco fulfill its legal duty to government agencies and other business associates. This position works proactively with the President & CEO and the senior management team to identify, prioritize, and oversee projects that build a culture of compliance throughout the organization. The CO ensures that programs operate with clear and effective mission strategies, that they measure and report outcomes effectively, that they have appropriate controls, and that they achieve maximum results for partners and clients. The CO works closely with internal departments and programs to conduct quarterly compliance reviews, assist with quality assurance procedures, and to develop corrective action plans. The CO also is responsible for organization-wide compliance and ethics training, and oversees program-specific training.
The VP & Director of Compliance works with the general counsel to oversee and monitor Seedco’s adherence to its compliance plan, performs prompt and thorough investigations of alleged misconduct, and works to create an environment that encourages employees to report potential problems. The VP & Director of Compliance is a member of the Senior Management Compliance Committee that is responsible for ensuring implementation of Seedco’s compliance program.
Interacts with: Staff at all levels and funders
- Implement, monitor, and revise the compliance program as appropriate
- Perform internal compliance reviews and quality assurance monitoring activities
- Oversee and monitor Seedco’s whistleblower policy and other confidential disclosure mechanisms
- Investigate and act on compliance matters in conjunction with the general counsel
- Develop and coordinate compliance training in consultation with the general counsel to ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations regarding the use and expenditure of funds under government contracts
- Communicate or facilitate communication of Seedco’s compliance requirements to subcontractors and other agents
- Serve as a source of compliance information for all employees, subcontractors, and the board of directors
- Report on a regular basis to the CEO and the board of directors
Education and related work experience:
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, or finance
- A graduate degree, MBA, or MPA is preferred
- Certification in corporate compliance preferred
- At least 10 years of related work experience required, non-profit preferred
- Experience in operations, consulting, and program management and oversight
Other special considerations: This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
- In- depth knowledge of government grants
- Experience implementing program compliance with such grants is highly desirable.
- Exceptional writing and oral presentation skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word